Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham Athletic v Brighton & Hove Albion (Official Thread)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What was Hammond send off for?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
First season in the Championship he was runner up for player of the season was he not? I think his best years have been with Adams and Coppel as managers, it would be great to see such a dedicated player pull it out of the hat but I don't think he will. Still young enough, but he just isn't making it. A great servent to the club, but time to move on perhaps.

(badger, no need to flame this post, we know you don't like him)
Agreed he was,but the fans who voted where extremely drunk:lol:

Guess every player gets one good season:whisky:

tiger_hall

Dec 23, 2007
the reason we arent doing well is cos no good player wants to come play in a shoddy stadium as Withdean for low money...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The argus reporter who is there disagrees

"Fogden replaced by Mayo after 33 with Whing going to right back. A somewhat ruthless but decision that by Wilkins but it looks a wise one too as the young defender was struggling a bit. Fraser and the coaches had a consoling word with Fogden as he departed. Albion still doing pretty well, though. Forster just skinned Stam from halfway and went down in the area under pressure from Hazell but it didn't look a penalty. 3:36 "

ruthless or clueless?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the reason we arent doing well is cos no good player wants to come play in a shoddy stadium as Withdean for low money...

Of course they will. We have had a number of decent loan players come and go.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Actually its because we have dire contacts and most of all a board without a pot to piss in.

Amazing how the people that moan the most never have an answer to these problems.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Looking forward to the Wilkins-o-meter update. Presumably he will be the scapegoat and it will be nothing to do with losing half the side he had pulled together... :yawn:

The last time I checked he was the manager. All results regardless of circumstances McGhee was judged on but Wilkins is somehow a special case.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Lets face it, with our budget, and current situation we are no bigger than a good League 1 club. we are NOT a championship side like some people on here would lead you to beleve!

When Falmer gets built and we have been there for a few years, then we can start thinking about getting a steady place in the Championship, but not at the moment!!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I don't need to have seen it. He's made a two-footed tackle which the referee has deemed to be a red-card in the first ten minutes. A CAPTAIN does not do that.

Wrong! A captain does exactly that, sounds from reports AT THE GAME that it was not an awful tackle maybe just a bit enthusiastic and whole hearted.

More of the same please Brighton, perhaps the referee should have a think about his decisions though.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The last time I checked he was the manager. All results regardless of circumstances McGhee was judged on but Wilkins is somehow a special case.

Using that theory, why did you continue to support McGhee when we were relegated? Not everyone wanted McGhee out, but circumstances change. Would a new manager come in with his own money to buy us a new team?

I think most people realise that he is not perfect, but he has a difficult job on his hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here