Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham Athletic v Brighton & Hove Albion (Official Thread)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
silly though to go in like it that heavy so early in the game... He's been having trouble tackling successfully over the last 120 mins or so eh...

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
So a draw is probably the best we can hope for now and that won't do much for us if in the unlikely chance we manage that. :(

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Being devil's advocate... I wonder if Hammo is about to be transferred, is not really fit for today, then gets a three match ban to be fully fit in time for his new club.

I'm sure it's not the case, but it's been known to happen in the past...

But wouldnt any club who wanted him just wait untill the summer when he would be free rather paying f6r him?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't need to have seen it. He's made a two-footed tackle which the referee has deemed to be a red-card in the first ten minutes. A CAPTAIN does not do that.

Hard top blame him when you haven't seen it. There has been some slightly over the top decisions in recent weeks on this exact issue. Could be another one.

We will miss Hammond as we have done in the last two games.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sorry if my comment seemed a bit mean. I typed it rather quickly then hit the button. Now that a few have commented on it, my explaination.

Dean has worked very hard for the team, he has also been infuriating with his negative play, and other players feed off this, which has led to a very negative midfield, so I just don't care for him as a player at the moment. And whilst someone posted some stats, I didn't realise we generally do so bad without him.

Either way, he is a clown at the moment, refusing to sign his contract, demanding to be paid more than anyone else, I was told this by the Chairman himself, he told me in a casual conversation, no effort to hide his dissapointment in Deans demands.

Perhaps Hammond can go and think about his future now, for three games, while the new guy has a chance to cement his position in the side. Dean has a lot to offer, but of late he needs to get over himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here