Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldest Electrical Appliance You Have?

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I have a 25 year old Bosch electric dill but my Mum still has our first colour tv, an Hitachi brought in 1975.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
My parents had a fridge that they purchased late 1940s was still working mid 1990s was only replaced as it was bright red and did not match the new kitchen so was given to a family member and carried on working for a couple of years I until they had enough money to buy a new one at which point it went to the tip but as far as I knew still in a working condition

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As an old grumpy I have loads of classic electrical items.
Original microwave. Massive beast must be 34 years old.
Alarm clock radio, 38 years old. Was ditched in favour of a DAB unit but it didn't work so back came the antique.
Up until last week my surround sound was a 10 year old unit that had a hard drive to record TV progs but of course it was analogue so useless.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have a 1963 Selmer valve powered guitar amplifier, works perfectly.
I also have a late 1950's milling machine and a Colchester student Lathe, still going strong.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hairdryer. 40 years old at least. Still going strong.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have a 1950s HMV mono radiogram that was my grandparents. The type that takes the for. Of a cabinet with a lift up front, the radio and turntable still work and it makes a very nice sound.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I've got my Mum's Kenwood hand blender, at least 45 years old & working perfectly. Whb my Grandma died in 1999 I sold her pristine 1961 English Electric washing machine to Yorkshire TV.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Valve art deco radio from the 1930s. It needs a replacement valve. But it does work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here