Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldest Brighton Programme You Have?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is my oldest one though confession is i didn't attend said game as i bought it in Newcastle memorabilia shop close to the St James Park stadium, as i wanted a programme as close to the date i was born and this was the only one from that year:albion2:

View attachment 30743

View attachment 30742

Oooooh i c Kit Napier on tht team list.....my one and only autograph having knocked on the door of his house to ask for it.

I had a program collection dating back to my first game in the late sixties which my parents kindly gave away when clearing out the attic some years ago :(

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
My earliest Albion programme is against Watford.An FA cup, first round replay played at the Goldstone on the 14th Jan 1925.
The great Tommy Cook was playing up front.I have been collecting Albion programmes for many years and only need two first team home programmes from 1946 to date to complete my post war collection.So mr Hove born&bred if your mum could find her way to retrieve the following two programmes from up in her loft, Albion v Northampton 4/4/47 and Albion v Swindon 17/9/47.I would be most grateful.!!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
My earliest Albion programme is against Watford.An FA cup, first round replay played at the Goldstone on the 14th Jan 1925.
The great Tommy Cook was playing up front.I have been collecting Albion programmes for many years and only need two first team home programmes from 1946 to date to complete my post war collection.So mr Hove born&bred if your mum could find her way to retrieve the following two programmes from up in her loft, Albion v Northampton 4/4/47 and Albion v Swindon 17/9/47.I would be most grateful.!!

For f**ks sake don't let Hiney know where you live or he'll be round there in the dead of night wearing a mask and with his swag bag over his shoulder.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

So, are you a fellow member of BHACHS? :whistle:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Going a little off topic I'm after a programme from the Wrexham home game this season, it was my boys first game and I shamefully forgot to to buy one :( happy to pay going rate or is there a way to buy one direct from the club? Ta

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
For f**ks sake don't let Hiney know where you live or he'll be round there in the dead of night wearing a mask and with his swag bag over his shoulder.

Yeah good point,luckily my collection is stored at a secret location far away from southasp towers and is guarded round the clock by a crack surveillance unit. (well my mum and her dog) !!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Too late. It's for reasons like this that Hiney is membership secretary of BHACHS... ;)

Edit: foiled!

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
Going a little off topic I'm after a programme from the Wrexham home game this season, it was my boys first game and I shamefully forgot to to buy one :( happy to pay going rate or is there a way to buy one direct from the club? Ta

Superbez pm me your address and I will put a copy in the post for you.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

Big respect! Can't beat that I'm afraid. Clapton Orient away in 1937 is the oldest of my 3,500+ Albion progs.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i have a lot of programmes but only very few from the 50´s , a few more that originate from the 60´s and hundreds from the 70´s, 80´s, 90´s etc ...nothing pre war!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Have not many old home programmes...think the oldest is Southampton 1953...yet I have boxes of programmes,but probably ONE of the oldest away, Tottenham 4TH NOV 1911....the club was 10 years old then,have put pics on here before,fascinating reading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here