Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Orleans restaurant

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
went there yesterday with some friends, and was disappointed.

very slow service, pushy waiter, and some items not what I would expect.

the quesadilla (fried pancake, effectively) ended up like a flattened sandwch, and their maryland chicken (2x chicken breast on a red skin mash, blah blah) looked like 2 bits of something from the freezer, with mash potatoes, drowned in gravy, and topped with chilli powder covered banana?!

pudding was a way too sweet chocolate tart & icecream..

the drinks were also a bit skimpy measures, with flat cola and those annoying mini straws..

i guess any kids would be happy, with the crayons and paper tablecloth to draw on..

that is all.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Had a similar experience at the one in Brighton when I ordered what was supposed to be the premium steak. However I recently went to one in Kingston and ordered a burger which was perfection, best to keep it simple in these places.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
It got bought out by a chain and the food went down hill. 5 years ago it was a great little place to eat.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The one in Brighton is the only restaurant where I've ever refused to pay a service charge that had been added to my bill.

I went there 12 years ago, had the most appalling food and dreadful service; demanded to see the manager and had the imposed charge knocked off.

Never gone back since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here