Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Away Pics 1979 and 1991

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
So you only go to games when were doing well

Er no pottert - hardly !!! just took camera to some important ones, sorry sis took camera occasionally and have found the pics !! travelled far and wide in good and bad days,crap seasons, protest marches etc etc from the early sixties moi, late sixties sis and early 50s Dad.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Great memories mate. Dont think the previous poster really knows you ?, damn cheek, we were there when we were really Shite.....was he ?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Forgot to ask, can i use the one at pub in Hereford with Chris, Steve, Graham Maxine for one of my 5 for the mosaic ?, nice to have one with Steve (RIP)

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Forgot to ask, can i use the one at pub in Hereford with Chris, Steve, Graham Maxine for one of my 5 for the mosaic ?, nice to have one with Steve (RIP)

Course you can mate , be honoured, was gonna suggest it as Steve (RIP) is there, I have another one I am trying to find for you at same place. Will post it asap take care mate

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Ross on wye for bobby smith

Hi Kev , here is the other pic

Attachments

• img416.jpg
    img416.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 294

Because they were redeveloping the whole ground. The stand that is seen a long way from the touchline was the first built and the rest took a bit longer. When the others were built the pitch was moved closer to the stand. Think we beat wolves 4-1 or maybe 4-2.
Wasn't it because the pitch was turned 90 degrees during redevelopment? I went there at that time and I'm sure we were standing on the South Bank which, I am told, held 30,000 in its heyday. Maybe this is incorrect; note the position of the floodlight pylon.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Batch 2, pic 1, who'se the guy on the left with the beard? Remember him from the old coach trip days.

That's Dave Dresch, seen him at a few matches this season so he's still going!

Also recognise Dave Damen in the photo at Toddington, I thought he'd given up going but bumped into him in the club shop a few weeks ago.

Still waiting for a pic with me in even though I used to hang round with lots of the people in these photo's and was at all these games :)

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
attachment.php

Who is the guy in between Mike Bamber and Sully? Looks like they have had to squeeze up to let him in at the last minute!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Yes it,s Harry

Yep It,s def Harry Bloom

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here