Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Ale

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
I have have just had a pint of Harveys Bonfire Boy in the Nelson.

Beertastic scenes.

:drink:

They have run out now though so we will be looking elswhere for another pint of this particular tipple.

Any one know of any other pubs in the North Laine Area that are selling it?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
About the ONLY good thing about the nights drawing in...good stuff and thanks for the tipple tip-off, I shall indulge this weekend

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Heffle Gull said:
I have have just had a pint of Harveys Bonfire Boy in the Nelson.

Beertastic scenes.

:drink:

They have run out now though so we will be looking elswhere for another pint of this particular tipple.

Any one know of any other pubs in the North Laine Area that are selling it?
Not in North Laine but the Robin Hood near Norfolk Square normally has another seasonal Harveys (in addition to the Best) on the go

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Went to the magnificent 'Dancing in the Old Ale' Festival at Harveys yard a few weeks ago. The old was free to all! And it was free to get in!

northwicha

Oct 29, 2006
Yeah,
Was listenin to Radio 4 this morning about the Green King pub in Lewes wanting to- at best make Harvey`s just a guest, presumably on 1 pump- and I also gather they have been buying up various breweries and then falsely marketing them as bing brewed as if independendent- yet in Bury St Edmunds-
Will try and put my cash the right way (when I`m in Brighton + on other occasions) for what it`s worth.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
northwicha said:
Yeah,
Was listenin to Radio 4 this morning about the Green King pub in Lewes wanting to- at best make Harvey`s just a guest, presumably on 1 pump- and I also gather they have been buying up various breweries and then falsely marketing them as bing brewed as if independendent- yet in Bury St Edmunds-

Er....not quite. The point is Greene King (which I used to quite like but now won't drink on principle) want to STOP Harveys being on sale at all at the Lewes Arms as a guest beer. Which, since its the only ale drunk by 80% of the clientelle, isn't really going to do the pub (or Greene King) a lot of good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here