Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ok we have had some disco...now lets get back to the Hungry Years!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just seen this thread, i always remember this from my time

[yt]o5PKULglde8[/yt]

or maybe this should be on the Mother and daughter or two sisters thread ?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Well The Albion got gubbed, may as well go back down the Years

[yt]kTvKaLW5bu8[/yt]

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
[yt]iuVcp_XbaTI&feature=related[/yt]

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Did any of you lot actually GO to the Hungry Years?????

With the exception of Sabbath and AC/DC I never heard any of this glam rock stuff played there. It was always much heavier if I remember correctly.

I remember getting blitzed and moshing to stuff like this.......

[yt]RVMvART9kb8&ob=av3nl[/yt]

[yt]EzgGTTtR0kc[/yt]

[yt]Psy9-_SXIrc[/yt]

[yt]6SdmsWBO7O4[/yt]

A thread titled "Let's go back to the Hungry Years" gets to the 5th page without anybody putting a single Maiden track up?

[yt]RUK6ScAeFKE[/yt]

Disgraceful.

Last edited:

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
Did any of you lot actually GO to the Hungry Years?????

With the exception of Sabbath and AC/DC I never heard any of this glam rock stuff played there. It was always much heavier if I remember correctly.

I remember getting blitzed and moshing to stuff like this.......QUOTE]

Sounds like you're a bit younger than most of us! There wasn't any moshing in 1984 was there?

Seriuosly I used to go to the years in the early to mid-eighties, but being an LA boy (little'ampton that is) I'm not really aware just how long the Year's had been going and how long it had been a rock venue.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Seriuosly I used to go to the years in the early to mid-eighties, but being an LA boy (little'ampton that is) I'm not really aware just how long the Year's had been going and how long it had been a rock venue.

Indeed. I used to go in the Early to mid 90s when I guess the vibe had changed to a more Heavy Metal one. I remember being able to fiddle the pool table for free games and they had a duke box with the full 20 minute version of Shine on You Crazy Diamond on it (which you could play all for 1 credit.)

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I started going in the late seventies and went right up until the last 2 nights.
From my memory it was a staple diet of Sabbath ,Rainbow, Led Zep ,Stones , Kinks with AC/DC being shoed in with 'A whole Lotta Rosie from about 1979 onwards. And it did not change , even though metal and the music surrounding it was changeing.Even the people were still wearing denim and flairs until well into the early eighties.I remember asking for the track Motorhead by the Cockney Rejects as a good crossover track to bring the place kicking and screaming into the eighties .But there was a big fat NO .
It wasn't until Guns n Roses came along that they completly changed it. After that it was metal , punk,glam , goth and a bit of House of Pain.

Ah the memories !!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I started going in the late seventies and went right up until the last 2 nights.
From my memory it was a staple diet of Sabbath ,Rainbow, Led Zep ,Stones , Kinks with AC/DC being shoed in with 'A whole Lotta Rosie from about 1979 onwards. And it did not change , even though metal and the music surrounding it was changeing.Even the people were still wearing denim and flairs until well into the early eighties.I remember asking for the track Motorhead by the Cockney Rejects as a good crossover track to bring the place kicking and screaming into the eighties .But there was a big fat NO .
It wasn't until Guns n Roses came along that they completly changed it. After that it was metal , punk,glam , goth and a bit of House of Pain.

Ah the memories !!!!

Yes thats how I remember it.

I started going around 1975 odd and it was almost totally hard rock, sabbath type stuff.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Because my grounding was via punk, it tought me a lot about heavy music I would not normally have heard .Didn't listen to Fluff because I was at the Goldstone, didn't listen to Tommy Vance because I was down the Years. I thank them for introducing me to Ronnie James Dio via 'Stargazer '. Never saw him with Rainbow, but did see him with Sabbath and then on his own right up until Heaven and Hell at Sonisphere a couple of years ago. What a man (RIP)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here