Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OK then, you pick the team

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Dies Irae said:
Mr Toad...do you believe that is our best Midfield .

I would respectfully suggest that the latter two is one of the main reasons we are where we are!

Hammond seems much happier with Mayo or oatway alongside him...not the same player when he plays with carpenter

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think he has been "off" since before Christmas and looks like he needs a rest.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Every team list so far suffers from the same problem... lack of goals up front.

So not much improvement then.....
if we are going to stay up we need to stop conceding goals ! if we ain't conceding we won't lose and might nick 1 at the other end

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
5 across the back maybe but some of you are taking the Piss with El abd and Lynch as wing backs. El abd, for all his excellent defensive skills, his distribution is woeful and Lynch isn't much better going forward. What Creativity is in the team would be completely lost like that.

If 3 at the back I'd probably go ;

GK :Henderson
LWB : Hart (Not ideal I know, maybe Mayo)
RWB : Reid
CB : Butters
CB : Hinsh
CB : McShane
MID : Chippy
MID : Hammond
MID : Frutos
FW : Carole
FW : Gatting (Or CKR if you could encourage him to run and close down occasionally)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
saltash seagull said:
if we are going to stay up we need to stop conceding goals ! if we ain't conceding we won't lose and might nick 1 at the other end

Like we did last season :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

But he doesnt seem to realise it this season. Magoo OUT :angry: :angry: :angry:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Dies Irae said:

I would respectfully suggest that the latter two is one of the main reasons we are where we are!
i think you need to look at your own midfield before you start questioning anyone else's! fruity,seb and nicolas think we would get totally over run.nicolas can go missing is an ok passer but not the best at getting stuck in and fruity and carole well ain't exactly battlers

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
saltash seagull said:
i think you need to look at your own midfield before you start questioning anyone else's! fruity,seb and nicolas think we would get totally over run.nicolas can go missing is an ok passer but not the best at getting stuck in and fruity and carole well ain't exactly battlers

I wasn't critisising mate, just commenting. Anyway, if they are over-run we have in effect 5 across the back, so they would "mop up"

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
blockhseagull said:
Fruity can't defend though !!!
think he's been getting better at that side of his game didn't do to bad defensivley on sat it was his attacking play that let him down.who ever you put at left back /wing back has got faults elabd and lynch can't pass,mayo can't defend and reid never looks comfortable.fruity looked ok when he covered at left back at cardiff

GK Henderson

RWB - Hart
LWB - Lynch
CH - McShane
CH - Butters
CH - El Abd

LM - frutos
CM - Reid
RM - Carpenter

Fwd - Turienzo
Fwd - Kazim Richards

But I'm still not happy with it

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Dies Irae said:
I wasn't critisising mate, just commenting. Anyway, if they are over-run we have in effect 5 across the back, so they would "mop up"
would put a lot of pressure on the back for and defeat the object of trying to tighten the defence up relly think u need some1 other than alexis in the middle if ur gonna play fruity and carole in midfield

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Dies Irae said:

On reflection, you could probably put another attacking player in there ... which would probably have to be Carole, although I'm not a great fan, for Chippy or Hammond.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
that is why I suggested we abandon all the crap we are currently playing and just have a bloody good go.

Odds on we are going down, so we might as well go out with a bang as opposed to a whimper...after all we have tried to play this way for a while and it is not working

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here