Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OK.. it's been 19 years.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I was there, I remember it well, biggest crowd I ever saw at the Goldstone. I made a big(ish) flag which made it half way across the north stand, and I nicked a load of bog rolls from the train on the way there, to throw onto the pitch......those were the days! :lolol:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Rix appears to have been momentarily distracted by the Junior Seagulls supporters stood just behind the goal!!:rolleyes:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I'm far too young for such shenannigans, although I did watch us lose 4-0 to Arsenal in a preseason friendly around that time at my first game...

EDIT: Having just seen that date of that game, it would have been a couple of years previous I went to that friendly I think... Anyone else here watch us get battered that evening?

Last edited:

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Thimble Keegan said:
I was sitting in the West Stand that day with my brother and my Dad about 10 seats along. I was about 10-11

Yep, the last game was against Bristol Rovers where we clinched promotion behind champions Sunderland with (I think) a 2-1 win, Nelson and Bremner on the scoresheet.

But does anyone remember the Rovers player falling over? Back then at the last home game of the season they had this board advertising something which was in conjuction with the player-of-the-season award infront of the tunnel. It was tied and pegged to the ground much like a tent and when the Bristol players came out one of them tripped over the ties. Made me laugh anyway.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

I remember that, think it was the "graceful" Devon White

D

Deleted User X18H

I was there but I don't think Gary Chivers was.......Robert Issac perhaps or Kevan Brown certainly not Chivers ..........

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I was there.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thimble Keegan said:

But does anyone remember the Rovers player falling over? Back then at the last home game of the season they had this board advertising something which was in conjuction with the player-of-the-season award infront of the tunnel. It was tied and pegged to the ground much like a tent and when the Bristol players came out one of them tripped over the ties. Made me laugh anyway.

I remember that also, I was in the East terrace and as far as I recall the whole ground erupted in laughter. Poor Devon, he certainly looked sheepish.:lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i was there

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

NewtownRoad

Mar 3, 2006
Hove
Tom "Curly" Watt was seen and had to endure some friendly insults in the South Stand. Arsenal fans wore red & white tam o'shanters.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i was there . remember keeny sansom whacking the ball into the west stand as hard as he could and it slapping some bloke square on the cheek. St Johns got involved and everything

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Great photo... though I thought the thread was going to be it's been 19 years since I left primary school..dunno why though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here