Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ok humble pie nice big slice please.....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok humble pie nice big slice please.....
ah but I bet it tastes bloody wonderful. If only I didn't have faith, I could have some too.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If anyone thought Vicente wasn't any good they should really stop watching football. Whether or not he is value for money is another thing entirely (he is) but he has always clearly been a cut above talent wise when he's played.

Forget the humble pie and all that jazz...just enjoy!

[yt]Ex1qzIggZnA[/yt]

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Worth having even just as an impact player from the bench. Every time he has played/come on, he has affected the result.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Not sure any sensible fans were ever querything whether he might have been any good because his pedigree suggested he clearly had something. The big question was ever he would ever get fit and get on the pitch to show us what he could do.

This to the nth degree. How anyone could question the blokes pedigree is beyond me.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
seems vicente is quite good then.

Looks like i was wrong.

Hmmm.... Whose humble pie portion is the most substantial today - marshy68 for not believing in the dagger OR the commander for thinking we would not sell out at anfield......

Fair play to both for offering to consume though :thumbsup:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4712119 said:
Gus keeps saying that once he's fit enough he will be starting, I reckon he'll probably have another run out on Tuesday and start against Scouserpool

This is what I'm hoping, give him perhaps 2nd half on Tuesday, then release him against the Scousers. I think the team and himself would appreciate a start like that for him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Vicente is FAR too good for this division. He's taking us up to the Premiership, which obviously is his natural level.

Came on today and f***ing RAN the show. Says it all really.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
We can all be wrong Marshy! Well done for eating a small slice of humble. Up the Albion. (Wonder if Tony Meolas is gonna eat a rather LARGER SLICE of humble pie) Dont hold your breath!!!

I would imagine, he will eat the whole f***ing pie and then come back and ask for more.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
In seven days, he has come onto the pitch, 15 mins against Leicester and 25 mins against Leeds, and has turned the games upside down and we have taken six points against two teams that are "Big Clubs", andare rivals for top six places.
He is the dogs bollocks and if he stays fit, 45 minutes per game will do for me, and Gus I reckon.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4712041 said:
Someone on BBC Sussex just on saying Vicente should get a new contract now... Yay or Nay?

100% yes.

OK, so we're never going to get 90 minutes week in and week out from him, but if he can have the kind of impact off the bench that he's had the last two games, then that'll more than do me.

Besides that, never under-estimate the benefits to the rest of the squad of having someone with his class and experience around to work with and learn from.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I can NOT wait to watch the highlights on the player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here