Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OK as it's silly season, would you want us to sign Owen?

Would you want us to sign Owen

• Total voters

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

A few days ago?

Fair point. However when do we ever attract a prolific striker from the same division or higher to the Albion who is at their peek?
Unfortunately we have never been much of a draw & only attracted those from lower leagues (on the up) or those on the way down.
At least with Falmer we should be able to compete on a par with most in the Championship.

I am sure that Gus is looking for that elusive big name forward.
I suspect however that it will be someone from abroad.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Fair point. However when do we ever attract a prolific striker from the same division or higher to the Albion who is at their peek?
Unfortunately we have never been much of a draw & only attracted those from lower leagues (on the up) or those on the way down.
At least with Falmer we should be able to compete on a par with most in the Championship.

I am sure that Gus is looking for that elusive big name forward.
I suspect however that it will be someone from abroad.

images

:jester:

pezza

Oct 26, 2010
seaford
After watching him in Garry nevilles testimonial NO good movement off the ball but the bloke missed two sittters both from 6 yards out the bloke couldn't hit a barn door

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
No bloody way, with all the decent strikers coming onto the market as the clubs clear out, why the hell would we want someone who has done nothing for any club he's played for since leaving Liverpool, almost 10 years ago!, where he suffered virtually a career ending (well as a top rate striker) injury, he has no interest in living anywhere within 300 miles of Brighton. Surely it's just a publicity stunt to get some else to offer him a deal (hopefully)

After watching him in Garry nevilles testimonial NO good movement off the ball but the bloke missed two sittters both from 6 yards out the bloke couldn't hit a barn door

However in a match that actually meant something, the previous one against Blackpool, he tucked his one chance away with APLOMB.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He's way past his best (but remember that he peaked as one of the top strikers in Europe). However, if we create chances next season like we did last, he would score truckloads, he is fast with good movement, which would suit Gus preferred playing style, he would be great for our young strikers to learn from and as a statment of intent for next season - so it's a yes from me but can't see it happening

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here