Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OK as it's silly season, would you want us to sign Owen?

Would you want us to sign Owen

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course it's never gonna happen, but would you even want it to?

Injuries, probable lack of motivation, wages that would piss of other members of the squad being some of the negatives

World Class player when on form and fit is just one of the positives

Whaddya reckon?

Last edited:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
no thanks.

he's always been massively overated. poor technique (yes i'm being serious) however he does read the game well and i can't deny he knows where the net is. however he is a selfish arrogant little sod who seems to think he's bigger than his employers. treats the fans with disdain. is always injured. would be a negative presence in our currently united dressing room.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He'd make Kitson look like a real bargain.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sign a player who is likly to be in the Champions League final squad? its a no brainer obviously.

if he were to come, it would be because he is intersted and he fits in the wages we're willing to pay. so why put these points up against?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
No Brainer for me, its M Owen FFS!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I'd rather set light to my eyes, - there are so many better choices to be signed.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Best striker I've seen in an England match. Off the ball movement unbelievable and would score goals for fun. Even if he isn't match fit, opposition defenders would have to man mark him leaving space for Bennett and our other striker to exploit.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
[pedant alert] .. He'd be crocked or UNinterested.

You can bet your life he wouldn't be disinterested - I can't see him playing for free

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
How can anyone say that they dont want a player who is currently scoring goals at Old Trafford for United?

In the famous words of Wayne Campbell, "Are you mental?"

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If we were willing to spend the kind of money necessary to get him here, I'm sure there would be better ways to spend it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Answer is yes, no brainer, but I can't be doing with the poll, because it's ridiculous that some people think there is the slightest chance of this happening.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If we were willing to spend the kind of money necessary to get him here, I'm sure there would be better ways to spend it.

this, plus he'd get more of a clogging in the Championship. Not sure how well he'd fit into the team personality-wise either.

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One of the best strikers of his generation....OK, coming towards the end of his career and a bit slower than he used to be (but still has a couple of yards in his head, as it were....of course I'd love to see him playing for Brighton, if a mutuallly acceptable deal can be agreed (and that's the part I rather doubt).

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I would love to see Michael Owen in the stripes, who wouldn't? Whether it happens, who knows but we'll find out eventually.

There is the question over his frequent ability to be on the injury list. However, this past season, the Albion have not had that many injuries compared to previous seasons. What's changed this season, I couldn't say, but the backroom staff seem to have kept the team in better shape this season. Perhaps they will be able to keep Owen injury free for him to show his scoring skills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here