Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh No!!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Absolutely fine for reasons given above. I am astounded by the number of fans that don’t know this.

My seat is right by the North East corner flag.
Every ****ing game there are dozens of Brighton fans screaming at the ref when the opponents take a corner from that side.

As you say amazing how few know the rules.

But having said that it also amazes me how many throw ins are given when the whole of the ball isn't over the line too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why do players insist on placing the ball outside the line on corners anyway? (though taking into account the birdseye view thing)

I can only assume its something about having a bit more "space" to work with away from the corner flag.

That said, we're perfectly capable of hoofing it onto the forehead of the first defender, or bending it into the stand behind the goal without all the quadrant shennanigans.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am too, nearly all corner takers in the PL do it now, trying to squeeze out a couple of cm advantage..

Getting it as far away from the poxy corner flag is another reason. They do get in the way for certain techniques.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
There is always a first time.

We’ve seen a goal scored after the final whistle, we’ve seen a perfectly good free-kick goal re-taken after it’s been given, we’re going to have a very very bad Monday once the EPL panel get hold of the footage of Dunk touching a Southampton player in the box.
The argument after the final whistle was that the ref hadn't left the pitch. Surely as he's left this time, it's game over? ??? My money is on BBC restarting their coverage in 20 mins. :smile:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It was neither inside, or touching the edge, it was completely outside the corner area. I noted that as he went to take it. The next corner was picked up by the lino.

I believe the ball can sit outside the corner quadrant, so long as when seen from above the edge of the ball crosses the white line at least a bit 😎. Yes? No?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I believe the ball can sit outside the corner quadrant, so long as when seen from above the edge of the ball crosses the white line at least a bit 😎. Yes? No?

Yes. I believe so. Although I'd take some convincing to believe that was the case here.

Still, I care not. We won.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes. I believe so. Although I'd take some convincing to believe that was the case here.

Still, I care not. We won.

f259b3e17c6fde8fe412f27e5bdc03f5.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Sorry I'm a wee bit pedantic, but what part of the pitch is this graphic showing?

If it were an edge [to mark out-of-play] it can only be one of the 4 corners because of the right-angle, but it can't be a corner as there is no Quadrant marking?
It must either be the edge/corner of the penalty area or 6-yard box - so technically not out of play but out of the area [whichever it is].
Anyone disagree?

Of course, I fully get "the whole ball must be completely over the line" concept.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Let's not raise any doubts, since there is precedence of them restarting matches after the final whistle to change results they find undesirable.
Maybe they could restart the match and let Southampton walk one in, say Monday lunchtime? We wouldn't even need to be there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here