Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh no...Sven, change your mind

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
...I can't bear the thought of Ian "empty vessels make the most noise" Wright banging on about his boy not having gone to the world cup, the Swede's got it all wrong etc etc. That's going to RUIN the world cup. :angry:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he may have a point if he doesnt play downing though

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Even that myopic, irritating twat Ian Wright can surely see, however, that SWP has not justified being included in the squad this season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
SWP has done NOTHING for a whole season to show he is worthy of a place in the squad.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
edna krabappel said:
Even that myopic, irritating twat Ian Wright can surely see, however, that SWP has not justified being included in the squad this season.

Indeed, he hasn't done anything to be in the squad.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Pavilionaire said:
SWP has done NOTHING for a whole season to show he is worthy of a place in the squad.

erm - Theo Walcott!?!?!

and i loved this...

Asked how he came to the decision to omit the likes of Defoe and Bent in favour of Walcott, Eriksson confessed: "Probably not too logically.

god help us!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
edna krabappel said:

Well...I know that's true and you know that's the case. But then, I think that we, between us, evidently have some semblance of functioning brain tissue. Let's wait and see how he behaves during the first halftime when England aren't winning - I shall be watching through my fingers.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
blockhseagull said:
I agree with Sven 100% not to take SWP.... hardly played and when he has hasn't done anywhere near enough to warrant a place in the squad

Just to clarify: I also agree with Sven's decision completely. I merely don't want SWP's boring, ignorant and myopic old man - a man with a mouth wider than that of the Rhine itself - banging on about it all summer. Given his "my country right or wrong" cretinous bilge about Sven not being English that he's been coming out with recently, he can only be even more irrational when it's his own son he's bibbling on about. Great player, awful man.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
blockhseagull said:
I agree with Sven 100% not to take SWP.... hardly played and when he has hasn't done anywhere near enough to warrant a place in the squad

seconded

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Man of Harveys said:
Just to clarify: I also agree with Sven's decision completely. I merely don't want SWP's boring, ignorant and myopic old man - a man with a mouth wider than that of the Rhine itself - banging on about it all summer. Given his "my country right or wrong" cretinous bilge about Sven not being English that he's been coming out with recently, he can only be even more irrational when it's his own son he's bibbling on about. Great player, awful man.

Yeah but if he didn't have that to moan about he would moan about Sven...so it really is a no win situation

And i would love to hear his reasons as to why SWP should be in the squad as he hasn't shown any reasons on the pitch this season as to why he should be

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ironic thing is, of course, that Ian Wright was largely complete SHIT when he played for England.

With the exception of his MIGHTY hat trick in vain against San Marino (after we let them score first too).

So shut it, Wright, you gobby Palace waste of air time.

NewtownRoad

Mar 3, 2006
Hove
Ian should have persuaded SWP to sign for his beloved Arsenal for about 10million. Less hype, would probably get more games and they would have developed him into a better player. Bad career move going to Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here