Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Oh no, Ken Bruce quits Radio 2!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I love Ken - he's knowledgeable and modest. He's a music fan and I'm not sure that many of the newer presenters on Radio 2 are.

Popmaster going will take a lot of listeners along with him.

It feels like Radio 2 are trying to radically renew their presenters for a much younger audience like Radio 1 did in the 90s. Probably trying to get rid of the same listeners as back then ;)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Wow, I thought he'd stay until he keeled over in his chair. Ooh Gary Davis or OJ Borg (latter being very very good and surprised another station hasn't grabbed him).
Quote from the BBC Trevor Nelson, Rylan Clark, Claudia Winkleman, Dermot O'Leary and Jo Whiley are among the names who could be considered for Bruce's slot.
The bad news for anyone thinking of following Ken to GHR is that they aren't up to the high production stadards of the Beeb. Playlist consists of about 50 songs, great for week one but by week 4 it gets repetative. Listening on DAB, Alexa or online you get two adverts running together or nothing at all and lots of gaps.

Ooh Trevor Nelson!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Another middle aged white presenter bites the dust. But at least we know that the BBC will make every effort to ensure that Ken is replaced by the best person for the job, so we can all keep soundly in our beds.

Jan 9, 2022
Give it to Keaveny. Whenever he's covered Liza Tarbuck it's been a treat.

Need one of the 'cool' 6 Music lot (or ex-lot) to jump over instead of the Radio 1 whipper-snappers

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Give it to Keaveny. Whenever he's covered Liza Tarbuck it's been a treat.

Need one of the 'cool' 6 Music lot (or ex-lot) to jump over instead of the Radio 1 whipper-snappers
Speaking of 6music I remember ye good olde days when Jon Holmes used to present and had quiz titled 'Ken Bruce Master'. Infinitely better than the original it was based on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Another middle aged white presenter bites the dust. But at least we know that the BBC will make every effort to ensure that Ken is replaced by the best person for the job, so we can all keep soundly in our beds.
White presenter - radio?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here