Newcastle was...

• One point gained

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 134 86.5%

• Total voters

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Before the game I would have said a draw would be 2 points dropped. I think after our result against Liverpool and our position in the league, meant that we were expected to win this.

However, we weren’t great today and a draw was a fair result and thought Newcastle could have won it in the 2nd half . So I’ll take the point

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Atrocious second half. Gut wrenchingly bad, it seems to be a habit whenever international break is coming up and players just drift off. Would be interested to see similar games, second halves and results just before breaks.

Depressingly I chose to watch the palace game before ours. And yet again they looked amazing, their pressing is amazing like ours but they move the ball so fast it's unreal. I don't know how viera has done it?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I still find it hard to get my head around the fact that we're still in the PL . We've played 11 games (ignore the others that have played 10) and we're still top 10 in the PL. I make no apologies for taking screenshots of the table this season and it doesn't matter who we play. Instead of focusing on whether we should be beating #teamslikenewcastle, can't people see the average and appreciate we're in the top 10 of the PL after 11 games!! Anyone who says we're s**t at the moment needs to give their head a wobble! :albion2:

I’m giving my head a wobble, what I watched this evening was shit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just back.

We were abysmal in the second half and obviously should’ve lost.

How can we draw at Liverpool and then be as bad as that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Liverpool relentlessly attack, leaving just 2 CB’s to cover entire Albion counter attacks (and missing the best DM in the league Fabinho).

So they often had 2 behind the ball.

Newcastle had 9!

If only every EPL manager played Klopp’s tactics, Potter would love that.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Because Liverpool relentlessly attack, leaving just 2 CB’s to cover entire Albion counter attacks (and missing the best DM in the league Fabinho).

So they often had 2 behind the ball.

Newcastle had 9!

If only every EPL manager played Klopp’s tactics, Potter would love that.

Don’t disagree.

But if other teams do the same as Newcastle we’re going to have to do damn sight better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Agree, truly a bizarre post by cotton socks! Of course we're glad we are in the Prem but we are not comparing todays performance with games two years ago 5 years ago or 20 years ago. We are capable of better that what was dished up tonight. We've recently drawn with the two teams at the bottom of the league yet the club have ambitions for european football.

Personally think some players bottled it today and other senior players let the team down.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

It sounded great on the radio! :D
Maybe I'm just being too 'happy clappy' but 10 years ago, (let alone 25 years ago) being in the top 10 of the top division after 11 games would have seemed like a laughable idea. I know there's a long way to go but we've not been near the bottom yet. I make no apologies for saying I'm loving it. 25 years ago was s**t football... this isn't! :p

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seeing as I said to my mates “I’ll take a point now” once Toon scored, point gained for me. We were absolute shite for the most part second half

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It sounded great on the radio! :D
Maybe I'm just being too 'happy clappy' but 10 years ago, (let alone 25 years ago) being in the top 10 of the top division after 11 games would have seemed like a laughable idea. I know there's a long way to go but we've not been near the bottom yet. I make no apologies for saying I'm loving it. 25 years ago was s**t football... this isn't! :p

The second half was like watching paint dry, Newcastle were terrible and brought us down to their level, I came away from the Amex feeling numb.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The second half was like watching paint dry, Newcastle were terrible and brought us down to their level, I came away from the Amex feeling numb.

I always like to pop out to stretch the legs during the game. Even with the luxurious padding on the seats in West Upper, there's always a risk of the old arse falling asleep.

Especially during a SHIT half :facepalm:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

I bet you didn't feel numb when Lewis was handed the shirt and gloves!! My brows have been furrowed and raised so much that I've added extra wrinkles! It wasn't like watching paint dry for all of it. Admittedly that extra 'zing' wasn't ideal but it's the unpredictability of us that I love at the moment. Come back at Anfield & nearly lose to Newcastle, that's the rollercoaster of Brighton! We're usually predictably near the bottom of the table! Obviously I'll be crying into my scarf if we get into danger but that's part of the ride. For the first time in the PL I'm not tense because we're near the bottom and I'm enjoying that! Please feel free to bounce this! :D

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I bet you didn't feel numb when Lewis was handed the shirt and gloves!! My brows have been furrowed and raised so much that I've added extra wrinkles! It wasn't like watching paint dry for all of it. Admittedly that extra 'zing' wasn't ideal but it's the unpredictability of us that I love at the moment. Come back at Anfield & nearly lose to Newcastle, that's the rollercoaster of Brighton! We're usually predictably near the bottom of the table! Obviously I'll be crying into my scarf if we get into danger but that's part of the ride. For the first time in the PL I'm not tense because we're near the bottom and I'm enjoying that! Please feel free to bounce this! :D

I think I need to start drinking again :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here