Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh Learned NSCers ....

What is the definition of "Calender Month" ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
.... could I trouble you for some help.

My girlfriend is currently renting a flat and gave notice on the 26th June to move out on 31st July. Her contract says that she has to give one calendar month notice to quit. Now I believe there could be two definitions to "calender month", namely :

1. 1st of the month to the last day of the month

or

2. 30 ir 31 days from the date notice is given ( in this case 26th ).

The letting agents, who shall remain nameless but have been named on here before as the worst letting agency in history, have tried to charge her 5th July to 4th August ( she signed the original agreement on the 5th of the month ). I think she should pay pro-rota 5th July to 31st July.

So, what do you believe the meaning of calendar month is ?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
if she signed on the 5th of the month i beleive she should move out on that day as well. that was the case with the letting agents i was with

in terms of rudest, most unhelpful and worst run lettings agents Pembertons get the award from me, how that company is still running is beyone me

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, I can put her up for a couple of days, but I watch TV in the nude, and she'll have to share the bath.

No pets.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
OK, I can put her up for a couple of days, but I watch TV in the nude, and she'll have to share the bath.

No pets.

She's tempted by your offer ( especially due to the no pets bit ) but she's a bit worried about your nudity as she tends to enter "Bobbit" mode sometimes :eek:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Depends on what she paid at the start of the tenancy. Many letting agents charge a proportion of the rent to take you up to the first day of the following calendar month, and then begin collecting monthly rent from thereon.

Otherwise it should be calculated by the day the tenancy began.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Most do not do part months. So if she started on the 5th, she will need to end on the 4th.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Just Get Your Girlfriend To Tell The Landlord That She'll Pay Them In Time With Her Periods. That Way, If She Gets Up The Duff, Then She'll Have The Small Comfort That She Won't Have To Pay Rent. Everyone's A Winner.

Except You.

Oh, And The Landlord.

And Probably Your Missus.

But Apart From That.

It's f***ing Flawless Logic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here