Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh Go On Then... Let's Have Another Thread On Arrogant SCC

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
isnt this EXACTLY what some of our fans and even people at the club have been saying?

of course, when it comes from us its ambition. from southampton though, its arrogance. some people really need to get over this

No, you need to understand the context / timing and, yes, content of what Adkins ('keep up') and Cortese ('The Southampton Style' and 'cup finals') are saying... can you just get over the justified arrogance claims?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Incredible thread :-/ I wonder if the roles had been reversed and Tony Bloom had said the same you'd be accusing him of arrogance - or revelling in his ambition?

No... because we are confirmed in the Championship... your bunch of overpaid mercenaries, led by the kings of arrogance, are not even there yet... now, fcuk off back to your own board...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hasn't Gus been saying that teams know how we play so they come and try to upset that system; very similar to the 'every game's a cup game' analogy?

No, it isn't... Gus is making a statement of fact... this 'cup final' bollox straight from St Mary's is pure fantasy... first Harding, now this tw@t...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There's nothing wrong with their ambition to get into the Premier league, they've got the set up for that (if not the management and players at the moment).

Their 'cup final' claims I think are bollocks, it is only Southampton. :shrug:
But whatever, if they choose to believe that rather than identifying their real weaknesses and eradictaing them than that's good news for us next season if they get up.

Here's another one for the catalogue of bullshit excuses: Southampton | News | Latest News | Latest News | Dean - It Will Be A Good Test For Us

Hammond reckons the reason we're champions is because they had games called off and then never got to play them. I know our Dean has never been the brightest spark but surely the season's not over if they haven't? But he's wrong as well, because for virtually the whole season we've either been on level games with them or one or two behind, that's why some people (well, me at least) have always measured our lead against Southampton, because they were on the same or the closest amount of games played.

I know it's been a bit of fun laughing at all Adkins ridiculous comments about us through the season but I had held out a small hope that once we actually sealed the title there might be a little bit of good grace, seems he's a genuine Pardew rather than just playing mind games as some seem to think. :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Incredible thread :-/ I wonder if the roles had been reversed and Tony Bloom had said the same you'd be accusing him of arrogance - or revelling in his ambition?

Bloom has said nothing and Gus chose not to rub your noses in it until we were confrimed as champions, and said nothing previously. You have actually won f*** all but still you, your fans, your manager and Executives continue to suggest that you are the big boys who everyone wants to beat. Well I suggest that both Charlton and Wednesday are bigger clubs than you so how many Cup Finals have lowly League One clubs like the Albion had this season? At least 6 each I reckon if home and away count as Cup Finals.

I'd suggest that most clubs would find trying to beat the League leaders is more of a motivation than beating a stuttering South Coast Club :shrug:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Will be so happy when this game is done and dusted getting bloody tedious now

Social Sausage

Apr 17, 2011
Bloom has said nothing and Gus chose not to rub your noses in it until we were confrimed as champions, and said nothing previously. You have actually won f*** all but still you, your fans, your manager and Executives continue to suggest that you are the big boys who everyone wants to beat. Well I suggest that both Charlton and Wednesday are bigger clubs than you so how many Cup Finals have lowly League One clubs like the Albion had this season? At least 6 each I reckon if home and away count as Cup Finals.

I'd suggest that most clubs would find trying to beat the League leaders is more of a motivation than beating a stuttering South Coast Club :shrug:

Lmao, Charlton a bigger club. Yeah, ok buddy.

You sound incredibly bitter for someone whose team has just won the league. Now, where do I send my unwavering adulation for your achievements this year? Christ, you lot still want us to suck you off.... how many times? Well done for winning the league.... Christ.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lmao, Charlton a bigger club. Yeah, ok buddy.

You sound incredibly bitter for someone whose team has just won the league. Now, where do I send my unwavering adulation for your achievements this year? Christ, you lot still want us to suck you off.... how many times? Well done for winning the league.... Christ.

Just replying to your bollocks statement, and yeah I think Charlton are a bigger club than you. All about opinions. Why not toddle off to your own site now and stop with the billy big bollocks?

Buddy ? Are you a Yank?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just replying to your bollocks statement, and yeah I think Charlton are a bigger club than you. All about opinions. Why not toddle off to your own site now and stop with the billy big bollocks?

Buddy ? Are you a Yank?

No, he's an arrogant tw@t... like his team's manager... and Cortese, and some of their players...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here