Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OGH

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Get yourself a Conference South club Gary.

Colin Hawkins should head back to Ireland.

Seb Carole should just head somewhere that isn't Brighton.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
I dont think harty should get a contract, He had a cracking swan song at the end of last season but thats about it, and he hasn't scored for 6 seasons*!

Hawkins is even stranger but please about Cook and Smith!

* I may have made that up but sure I read it somewhere

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I dont think harty should get a contract, He had a cracking swan song at the end of last season but thats about it, and he hasn't scored for 6 seasons*!

Hawkins is even stranger but please about Cook and Smith!

* I may have made that up but sure I read it somewhere

Why is Hawkins strange? He is injured and it is only right that the club give him all the support they can until he is fully fit again and then send him off, I wouldn't be overly surprised if he signed on a week by week contract if he hasn't found a club before the season starts.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Says on official site that they are free to speak to and sign for other clubs if they wish. I think Gus is doing right by them after they have been seriously injured and hedging his bets. I don't expect Hawkins, Hart, Kuipers or Carole to be part of our squad next season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Why is Hawkins strange? He is injured and it is only right that the club give him all the support they can until he is fully fit again and then send him off, I wouldn't be overly surprised if he signed on a week by week contract if he hasn't found a club before the season starts.

Eh? It's not our responsibility to wait for injured crocks to get fit before releasing them. Especially ones who have contriubuted absolutely nothing to the club. We're a business for christs sake.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton

I ment strange keeping him on and letting Virgo go, Sorry i should have made that clearer!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I suppose it doesn't mean we're giving these players new contracts, only that we're allowing them to come back to keep themselves fit. It's then up to them whether they want to risk that, given that once they're out of contract the club has no obligation to look after them if they injure themselves training.

And it's all very well saying someone's a good squad player and never moans- but then again if you're a player of Gary Hart's age and ability, you're not exactly in a position to sulk or storm out in a huff at not being picked, because there won't be a long queue of clubs lining up to sign you. So he was never going to moan was he?

If either Hart and to a lesser extent Kuipers featured in the first team squad next season, I would be amazed.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Eh? It's not our responsibility to wait for injured crocks to get fit before releasing them. Especially ones who have contriubuted absolutely nothing to the club. We're a business for christs sake.

All the players put their bodies (and therefore livelihoods) on the line playing for us, I would guess it's the least we can do in return.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Harty and Hawkins are both out of contract in July and Gus has told them he isn't ready to offer them a new contract but instead they can train for a month with the team.

I would only expect them to be playing next season if we don't get their positions filled by the prefered options over the summer.

It sounds like an ideal position for the club and a good opportunity for the players to put themselves back on the market

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
Gary needs to go - he wasn't good enough 2 years ago when he was correctly released - i know people on here are great fans of his but what exactly has he done for the club over the past two years

We get rid of Cox and Virgo who have been involved with the team but yet Gary keeps popping up each year for contracts - If we are moving forwards keeping him anywhere near the team is wrong

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Gary needs to go - he wasn't good enough 2 years ago when he was correctly released - i know people on here are great fans of his but what exactly has he done for the club over the past two years g

made the assists to give lloyd owusu the goals to keep us in league one?
could understand ur point if he'd been offered a new deal but he hasn't.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Gary needs to go - he wasn't good enough 2 years ago when he was correctly released - i know people on here are great fans of his but what exactly has he done for the club over the past two years

Oh, I don't know, kept us in the league at the arse end of last season perhaps?

Interesting one this - I love Gary Hart, will trust Gus, but can't help but feel that unless he's been offered an opportunity to stay on at the club in a non-playing capacity then maybe he should move on if he wants regular first team football.

Anyway, we'll see what happens in the summer.

As for Hawkins - think that Poyet has got that correct too, he obviously has morals, and is going to allow Hawkins a) the chance to prove he is good enough, something which Poyet won't know yet, and b) if he isn't good enough, it's the chance to get fit so another club can sign him

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

We get rid of Cox and Virgo who have been involved with the team but yet Gary keeps popping up each year for contracts - If we are moving forwards keeping him anywhere near the team is wrong

Played a large part in keeping us up last year.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Interesting one this - I love Gary Hart, will trust Gus, but can't help but feel that unless he's been offered an opportunity to stay on at the club in a non-playing capacity then maybe he should move on if he wants regular first team football.

As for Hawkins - think that Poyet has got that correct too, he obviously has morals, and is going to allow Hawkins a) the chance to prove he is good enough, something which Poyet won't know yet, and b) if he isn't good enough, it's the chance to get fit so another club can sign him

Agree with ALL of that.

[Apart from the LOVING Harty part. That's a bit strong.]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I agree with all of this, INCLUDING the loving Gary Hart bit. :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here