Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread**

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
The transfer fee for Carroll is MENTAL.
Can think of a dozen strikers they could get for half that amount i'd prefer if i were in their shoes.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
The transfer fee for Carroll is MENTAL.
Can think of a dozen strikers they could get for half that amount i'd prefer if i were in their shoes.

I agree the figures are mental. The only thing i guess is that assuming the Torres transfer goes through, then money is shifted from Chelsea to Liverpool and on to Newcastle, who at the end of the day will be laughing, except of course Ashley will be lynched! will be intereting at end of day to see exactly how the days spending has balanced out for Liverpool

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Carroll fee is incredible for someone who's had 6months in the Premiership!!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Just had a quick look at the Newcastle Forum :) quite emotional ! Fat Bar Steward Ashley....Yes Man Pardew etc etc

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All Carrolls five belly mates will have to start buying their own white lightning again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Players like Forlan, Llorente, Rossi, Benzema and so on would all be available for half that fee, and i'd think all of whom could do as well as Carrol in the premiership.
My guess is that they sounded out some of these players before they spunked £35m on Andy Carroll. And really, you reckon those four (not six, then) would all move to a crap Liverpool team for £17m or less. Let's not forget, Darren Bent cost more than that.

Those previously mentioned by foolg add to that list Kerzakhov, Amauri, Negredo, Klose, Gignac, Luis Fabiano. There are plenty of more experienced players that would cost Liverpool less.
What PLANET are you on. You reckon Fabiano and Klose would move for £18m or less? :lolol: (which is what you said)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Probably fixtures but...

Tottenham fans were getting all excited about signing a new full back... But it was just Hutton dressed as Lahm.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I am absolutely gob smacked by the possibility of Carroll going for £35m+. Unbelievable.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
To be fair to Pardew and Ashley, £35 million for Carroll is just plain stupid money. It would be like Norwich coming in with £10 million for Bennett... Carroll is just not worth that sort of dough. He had to go, he is not Messi. English or not, should have been £15 mill tops and that would have been pushing it. Liverpool have lost the plot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here