Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread**

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Would be very surprised if Newcastle let Carroll go to Liverpool.

Nothing that Ashley does surprises me. Let's face it, a guy that sacks a manager who's rescued a car crash club, got promotion and mid-table respectability is capable of anything.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
£30+ million for Andy Carroll is simply INSANE. Mike Ashley would have to be a mentalist to turn it down.

More than Torres, Suarez, Drogba, Rooney, Berbatov, Villa each cost when they last moved. Madness.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Torres now 4/7 to leave but only 5/4 to stay so bookies aren't 100% convinced whereas Andy Carroll 1/5 to join Liverpool today.

These two deals must be dependant on each other. If l'pool keep Torres, and get Carroll they'd also have Suarez up front - so that's 3 strikers worth over £23m each ? I think not. If Torres goes, they buy Carroll and Charlie Adam, as I see it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I find it funny that Liverpool are desperate enough to even offer £30m for Carroll. He's a good player but £30m for an old fashioned English centre forward with one international cap? ???

Some hamster is having a chuckle on the BBC Transfer Deadline page about it being a shame they couldn't persuade Liverpool to take Carlton Cole for £20m. He seems to think Rafael Benitez is still managing them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
£30+ million for Andy Carroll is simply INSANE. Mike Ashley would have to be a mentalist to turn it down.

More than Torres, Suarez, Drogba, Rooney, Berbatov, Villa each cost when they last moved. Madness.
It is indeed insane, but I think he'd be more of a mentalist to turn it down if Newcastle don't have a replacement lined up. If Carrol goes and the goals dry up, relegation could cost a lot more than £30m.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

But if they think he is the difference between going down or not 30 mill is nothing + who could they replace him with and the last minute? Now he hasn't been playing recently but still important to their hopes of staying up

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nothing that Ashley does surprises me. Let's face it, a guy that sacks a manager who's rescued a car crash club, got promotion and mid-table respectability is capable of anything.

Ah of course. I forgot about Ashley. Then again I'm not 100% convinced Carroll would want to go. I'm sure Newcastle could offer him an improved deal, and I just wonder if he's very much the home town boy? My Geordie colleague says Carroll comes from one of the roughest estates in the city, and is very much the local chav made good, who still hangs around with his old mates in the same dodgy old pubs, exactly the same as he did as a teenager, but just richer and giving it larger. Hence he tends to get into trouble so much: he's doing just what his pals are doing, except he's famous, so when he twats someone with a pool cue or a beer glass, it makes headline news.

Not that there's anything wrong with staying grounded, of course, but it works both ways, and if you go giving it the big I am to everyone you went to school with, it's not entirely surprising when someone bites back.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
According to the Mirror and Sky on Twitter - Torres has left Liverpool's training ground by helicopter, destination unknown

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
According to the Mirror and Sky on Twitter - Torres has left Liverpool's training ground by helicopter, destination unknown

he left by car just now, seems the Rumour Mongers are having abit of fun!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
"Exeter goalkeeper Paul Jones has joined Peterborough on loan until the end of the season. This would increase the possibility of Joe Lewis leaving, but Darren Ferguson says he will provide competition for Joe." - good keeper. Nice bit of business.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Sebastian Larsson on loan to Manchester City, what a bizarre signing for City. IMO David Bentley is a much better player, so a good couple of pieces of business by Mcleish.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Its only a 606 rumour so in all probability BOBBINS, but:

Southampton gossip: "James Beattie on loan from Rangers (Beattie was left out of the Rangers squad yesterday and his wife is from Southampton and they still have a house here)."

Beattie and Lambert, would quite possibly be the least mobile strike pairing, in the history of proffessional football*

*Unless Claridge and Virgo ever started up front together for us...

Beattie going to Blackpool apparrently...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So much more still to come, it's going to be an enthralling climax, you just feel one big deal and a number of others will follow.....

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
From the BBC website

"1404: Here's some news of a player that Brighton fans will be desperate stays put. Highly-rated Seagulls midfielder Elliott Bennett was at training today and Albion say they hope to keep their squad status quo. Bennett, 22, has been the subject of bids from Norwich City and he put in transfer request last Thursday."

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
BBC LIVE -

1404: Here's some news of a player that Brighton fans will be desperate stays put. Highly-rated Seagulls midfielder Elliott Bennett was at training today and Albion say they hope to keep their squad status quo. Bennett, 22, has been the subject of bids from Norwich City and he put in transfer request last Thursday.

Don't REALLY want his name being shouted about, cheers BBC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here