Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OFFICIAL - Tony Bloom Chairman, Dick Knight Life President.

Dandyman

In London village.
Tony Bloom Chairman, Dick Knight Life President.

Official.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
just announced on BBC South news

TB to be Chairman and pumping in most of £93m ?? required for new stadium

DK to be life president

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Confirmed by Club text also. Says Knight is the new life president.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
TB to be Chairman and pumping in most of £93m ?? required for new stadium

DK to be life president

Top, top news. Well done Dick, thanks and bye.

COME ON YOU SEAGULLS

:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

Dandyman

In London village.
...and funding secured for Falmer.

Full Stadium Funding Secured

Posted on: Mon 18 May 2009

By Paul Camillin

The club is delighted to announce that full funding for Albion's new home at Falmer has been finalised. The full cost of the stadium project is £93m, the majority of which will be funded by Tony Bloom.

Bloom will takeover as Albion chairman, with Dick Knight taking on the role of life president, ending a very memorable 12 years at the club's helm.

Knight said, "This is the natural progression for the football club. Tony's investment will mean no need for external funding, which is absolutely superb news for the club and its fans."

Bloom currently holds a 75% shareholding in the club, having converted £18 million of loan stock into shares; the club's board of directors has unanimously elected him as chairman with immediate effect.

The full cost of the stadium project is £93.1m, which includes the cost of the building contract, infrastructure costs, land acquisition, administration and legal costs fees and a contingency budget of £3m.

A percentage of the total will also come from various grants available to the club, but Bloom will provide the majority on an interest-free arrangement. He will also provide sufficient funding to sustain the club through the period while it continues to suffer losses at Withdean.

Knight added, "Being chairman of the Albion has been the most rewarding period of my life. To be able to give something back to the club I've supported since I was a boy has been a privilege. Helping to save it, building a forward-thinking reputation for the club, developing our youth system and encouraging Albion in the Community to spread its wings - I've enjoyed it immensely. And all of this while we fought the long and relentless battle to secure our new home against all the odds."

"Thanks to Tony's support, the club is now financially secure, the stadium is on its way, and the club now has the opportunity to reach its true potential.

"We have come a long way from what Bob Pinnock, Martin Perry and I inherited twelve years ago and I am proud of what we, the directors, staff, players and fans, have all achieved together."

Bloom said, "I would like to pay tribute to Dick. Nobody should be in any doubt that he saved the club from almost certain extinction at a time when no-one else was willing to come forward, and under his leadership we have had some very memorable times including our successful nine-year battle to secure the go-ahead for Falmer.

"I want to see the club build on the momentum under our newly appointed manager Russell Slade. I am determined to see us back in the Championship as soon as possible. I want to fulfil the dreams of so many of our great fans just as my grandfather Harry Bloom did in the glory days of the 1970s with Brian Clough, Peter Taylor and Alan Mullery."

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
£93m? doesnt seem right, have they been reading too much NSC?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wooohoooo. Top man Tony Bloom. Thanks Dick

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
for all those that quoted dick night is to stand down...how right you were...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here