Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Ticket Exchange and Auto Cup purchases launched today

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Brighton and Hove Albion | BHAFC Scores, News, Transfers, Fixtures

Albion have*opened a season-ticket waiting list, following huge demand this summer which saw fans snap up over 4,000 new tickets ahead of the new season.

With further additional seats scheduled to be ready for the 2013/14 season, fans have the chance to ensure they have the first option of new seats when they become available next year.

Seagulls chairman Tony Bloom said, "We have seen an astonishing take up and we have more than 22,000 season-ticket holders, the tenth highest number of season-ticket holders in English football. That is phenomenal and underlines the*magnificent support there is for the club.

"We are going ahead with phase two of the expansion at the Amex, with extra seats going into the two north corners of the stadium, and that will take our capacity to over 30,000. Those fans who want to get one of those new season tickets, now have a chance to get themselves onto the waiting list in anticipation of those extra seats becoming available."

Meanwhile Albion's ticket office is also introducing a new range of services for the season ahead to help fans when it comes to getting tickets to the Amex.

Bloom added, "The board has given a lot of time and thought to how we can improve on things for season-ticket holders and our match-to-match fans.

"These new initiatives will improve service, give them more reward for their loyalty and make their lives much easier when it comes to supporting the club."

Season-Ticket Waiting List

With season tickets selling out for the second successive year, the club has opened a waiting list for season 2013/14.

Supporters who wish to be first in line to purchase season tickets next summer for the 2013/14 season can join the waiting list for £20. Those season-ticket waiting list members, who convert to 2013/14 season-ticket holders, will have the £20 deducted from the season-ticket purchase price.

Those supporters on the waiting list will also receive an extra 100 bonus loyalty points, giving them a higher priority when purchasing tickets for home and away matches.

Click here for further details.

Auto-Cup Scheme

The new auto-cup scheme is aimed at those fans who wish to automatically purchase their seat for every HOME cup match.

It alleviates the worry of going through the purchase process when the cup matches come around, which will be particularly useful for those high-demand cup fixtures at the Amex.

To register, season-ticket holders simply need to load their credit or debit card details online and then each home cup game will be automatically loaded to their season-ticket smartcards in time for the match, and the ticket price charged to their card.

Additionally season-ticket holders who sign up to the auto-cup scheme will receive a 5% higher rebate on the ticket exchange, and those who sign up before 30th November 2012 (and by the first match of the season in subsequent years) will also receive an extra 30 bonus loyalty points, plus the regular 20 points per home cup match.

Click here for further details.

Ticket Exchange

We appreciate that even for season-ticket holders there are days when they can't take their seat at the Amex, perhaps due to special occasions, unavoidable work commitments or family holidays.

With that in mind, this season, the club will introduce a new ticket exchange, which will allow season-ticket holders to make their seats available to other supporters.

Season-ticket holders will be able to make seats available at any time, but they will only be made available to the general public as and when the club's allocation of matchday tickets sells out.

Then if and when a season-ticket holder's seat is sold, they will receive a rebate to their Seagulls e-cash account at the following rates of the pro-rata price they paid for their season ticket.

- Auto-Cup Scheme Members: 80%
- Season-Ticket Holders: 75%

NB: The exchange will become active in the first instance once the club's allocation of match-to-match tickets sell out.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
well we're only in one cup now, and if we get knocked out again in the first round away somebody has wasted their time sorting that scheme out! lol

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Is the ticket exchange on here going to continue or will they try to stop that happening? The trouble is, as they will only sell on you season-ticket once the entire Stadium is sold out it's not a particularly attractive scheme. And then you only get 75% of the cost of your ticket back. I suppose for convenience that could be worthwhile (I haven't tried transferring a season ticket to someone else yet) but I was hoping they would pitch the rebate a little bit higher.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
All good ideas:

Season-Ticket Waiting List - a little bit pointless as there will be more than enough to go around but the 100 loyalty points is a good incentive

Auto-Cup Scheme good idea and will def use this - wonder if we'll get a chance to use it this season?

Ticket Exchange it will be interesting to see how often this service is activated - i think it will be a handfull of times in 12/13, but it's def good to have nonetheless, and agree its the right approach to wait until a sell-out

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The 75 per cent is about what I expected if this was to be brought in, and it only kicking in when the matchday tkts are sold out makes business sense.

I sincerely hope the system on here is retained though, not only because it allows you to get the full pro rata price, but also people (both buyers and sellers) can sort things out early, rather than wait in uncertainty up to the last minute. You don't know if a match will sell out, and even if it does you don't know if the club will sell it in a few days.

I would hope the facility to offer STs is retained on here, but I can see the club waving the big stick at Bozza and telling him to stop it. This would be good for them, but not necessarily good for everyone else.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Is the ticket exchange on here going to continue or will they try to stop that happening? The trouble is, as they will only sell on you season-ticket once the entire Stadium is sold out it's not a particularly attractive scheme. And then you only get 75% of the cost of your ticket back. I suppose for convenience that could be worthwhile (I haven't tried transferring a season ticket to someone else yet) but I was hoping they would pitch the rebate a little bit higher.

i think 75-80% is more than fair as a rebate - the club will incur costs and hassle

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
well we're only in one cup now, and if we get knocked out again in the first round away somebody has wasted their time sorting that scheme out! lol

I see.

So we won't be in any cup games next year? or the year after? or......

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So what price will the club sell tickets at on the ticket exchange? Face value or the price the STH paid for it? I imagine it'll be the former, in which case they're taking a huge cut.

A North Stand seat would be sold for £28 for a one-off match, but the STH would receive 75% of £425/23, which is £13.85.

And my seat in the East Stand family section, pro rata on its own about £20-£21, would be resold at £39 presumably. It does seem a lot, but I suspect that margin is the price of it being worth implementing by the club. That is why I hope we can carry on helping each other out on here as well at non-tout prices, because the seller gets more, and the buyer gets it cheaper.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
£20 to go on a waiting list, and you don't get it back if you don't get a season ticket after all? Not sure about that one.
Other than that, though, it all looks good news - particularly the extra points you get for being on the waiting list or in the auto-cup scheme.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I've signed up to the cup thing already, makes perfect sense to me, 30 loyalty points and 5% more for any tickets you want to resell. Especially as this could have no financial ramifications whatsoever as we may get an away tie in the FA Cup 3rd round and lose. The club are taking a large chunk of the money for the ticket exchange but I suspect that this has cost quite a lot to set up, so they will be looking to recoup their costs, hopefully the rates will get a bit better after the system has been operational for a season or two.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Bit disappointed with the ticket exchange. You're still better off flogging them on here if you can't go for certain games.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

I am very pleased it is here at last, but 75% is a bit of a pee take.

Arsenal rebate 90% (although against the cost of a future season ticket)

Also, there is a massive difference in price between ST prices and Match Day prices.

My adult family stand ticket costs me £21 per match and if it sells, I will get £15.50 of this, but the club will be selling it for £36?

And this, of this £15.50 it has to be spent with Brighton anyhow. If we assume an avery 65% margin on merchandise and food, what the club are selling for £36, they will only be paying a tenner for.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I've signed up to the cup thing already, makes perfect sense to me, 30 loyalty points and 5% more for any tickets you want to resell. Especially as this could have no financial ramifications whatsoever as we may get an away tie in the FA Cup 3rd round and lose. The club are taking a large chunk of the money for the ticket exchange but I suspect that this has cost quite a lot to set up, so they will be looking to recoup their costs, hopefully the rates will get a bit better after the system has been operational for a season or two.

Until you get Torquay at home and the club automatically charge £34 to your account!!!!

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
With the ticket exchange is says:

receive a rebate to their Seagulls e-cash account

So do we have to spend the money at the club or can we then get it refunded to bank / credit card?

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Well I definitely won't ever be a season ticket holder until I can afford to live closer to Brighton!

I was hoping to go on the waiting list this year after failing to secure funds for a season ticket this year. £20 for the honour of being on a list when one can't predict finances in the future? Well I suppose those that know they can commit to next year and have the funds are probably what the club want.

75 percent for games you can't make? What about the system this year of printing paper tickets from sth? Guess that will go and those who want to attend the odd game will have to fork out the expensive prices for single tickets. Cheaper for me to go to Hull with travel than to the Amex.

Good news for club financially and a brainchild of the new guy from Canada who's name escapes me now. I am looking at it very selfishly I know but I feel a bit disappointed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here