*** Official Thread: Uruguay v Ghana ***

Who will win?

• Ghana to win on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So diving annoys you, but punching the ball of the line doesn't?

makes sense.

??? How are the two things comparable, what Suarez did wasn't right but anyone in his situation would have done the same thing, we both know that. Diving, play acting and trying to get people booked for nothing on the other hand is childish and pointless.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
??? How are the two things comparable, what Suarez did wasn't right but anyone in his situation would have done the same thing, we both know that. Diving, play acting and trying to get people booked for nothing on the other hand is childish and pointless.

comparable by the fact that they are both forms of cheating.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gordon Smith eat yer heart out

Ghana have paced themselves. I expect an assault on the Uruguayan goal for the last five minutes.

Gordon Smith eat yer heart out; Asamoah Gyan will be be remembered for half a lifetime over a large part of Africa.

Luis Suarez had used his hands to keep out a header in the last minute of extra-time but his red card will be no solace to the Black Stars after Asamoah Gyan's spot-kick hit the bar and Uruguay triumphed on penalties.

SportingLife | World Cup 2010 in South Africa | News | Uruguay make Ghana pay penalty

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
One of the first things I learned in football when I was eight is that a penalty is awarded if you stop the ball on line. I remember the match quite clearly as an opponent picked up the ball. I thought he was cheating, so I punched him in the face. I got my first yellow card after two minutes.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I didn't see the end of match scenes but it has been suggested that the Uruguayans carried Suarez shoulder high from the pitch.

Which if true would be pretty poor form in the circumstances. IMHO anyway.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The irony of it. Kingson heads the ball off the line and Suarez handles it!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One of the first things I learned in football when I was eight is that a penalty is awarded if you stop the ball on line. I remember the match quite clearly as an opponent picked up the ball. I thought he was cheating, so I punched him in the face. I got my first yellow card after two minutes.

Terrible refereeing then. You should have been sent off.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here