Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official thread: *** Albion 3-2 Leicester *** Discuss it here

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Juan Albion, you must have a different Sky Sports channel to me!! Just sat like an idiot for a whole hour (11-12) on Sky Sports News to see the goals or match report and they said/showed nowt!!

Quite happy to show bleeding speedway though!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, off to bed!!

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
A marvellous match & result. Shan't repeat what's already been said, apart from Harding & McPhee played very well (How Harding missed an open goal from 2 yards is beyond me, but he added a much needed physical presence).

I did meet both Coppell & Adams afterwards & took pictures of them with my sister, so you can expect a new avatar from Bobby's Gull in the not too far distant future!

MOM - Cyril the Squirrel (Lucky to be alive I reckon!)

Stumpy Tim

Good to hear we're looking the part. I've heard in the past that Harding is good enough for the first team. Maybe he's done what Coppell has asked & pushed his case for a first team spot.

And a quote from Coppel on the squirrel - "He had a 50-50 with Paul Brooker at one point and I'm not sure who came off best". Big laughs!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
With the positive comments about Harding and McPhee, can we give a bit of credit to Uncle Martin Hinshelwood. We all accept that he was out of his depth as first team manager, but it looks as if the production line is starting to bear fruit:clap:

What a bloody good match! Harding played well, even though he missed a sitter. Leon Knight was fantastic. He ran the Leicester game rugged! All those twists and turns. I just hope the division 2 defenders don't tackle him badly, which I could imagine happening.

The squirral across the pitch was v funny, and I nearly missed the 2nd goal!

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
THe NSC Albion v Foxes charity match got a mention at half time with Fatboy being named personally - he went very red!!!! :lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Harding played very well. I think he will come through this season.

He played centre back at Barnet, but also is comfortable at left back of left midfield.

It was a shame Hammond din't get much of a run out. I think he could do well.

Hinshelwood can also do a job for us.

If McPhee and Marney continue to improve they should be good back up strikers.

Maybe we should welcome Martin Hinshelwood back.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I really enjoyed last night. I thought we played well. Harding did very well and deserved the goal he so nearly got. It was an excellent bit of play by him to set up Knight for his goal. I also thought Hart, Cullip, Knight and Hinshelwood did well. Knight is a really good nippy little player with great close control and it seems an eye for a good pass.

It was good to see Micky and Leon enjoy the receptions both received.

Brooker didn’t look to have settled that well at Leicester as instead of warming up with his fellow teamates in the first half he spent the whole time talking to Kuipers and Butters and was blanked by the other subs at half time

The squirrel was a great comedy moment. In the circumstances even the beach ball was good fun when the game drifted a little after all the substitutions.

All in all a good nights entertainment and a game with a lot of plusses for the Albion.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
did anyone see the idiot in the number 100 shirt ?

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Afraid not. Where bouts would you have been at Withdean last night?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
south stand - d block the only one moving !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here