Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official "Thanks Danny" thread

Sir Norman Gall, John Napier, Steve Foster and Sir Danny Cullip, a legend among legendary central defenders.

Keep The Faith Danny...come back and give us a wave sometime.
All the best at the Blades
:clap:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Cullip was always my favourite player at the Albion, and in my view should have won about four player of the season awards in a row.

I really appreciated the way he was an uncompromising and competitive defender at the heart of our back four. But more than this he was an inspirational captain and great organiser.

Thanks for everything Danny!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
coach03 said:
Sir Norman Gall, John Napier, Steve Foster and Sir Danny Cullip, a legend among legendary central defenders.

Keep The Faith Danny...come back and give us a wave sometime.
All the best at the Blades
:clap:

Was not good enough to be grouped with those players. In fact wasn't even the best central defender when we went up to the Championship that honour went to Simon Morgan.

As soon as we got into the Championship was found wanting and when he transferred to Sheff Utd they soon realised their mistake and shipped him off to Div 1 Forest.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
BensGrandad said:
Was not good enough to be grouped with those players. In fact wasn't even the best central defender when we went up to the Championship that honour went to Simon Morgan.

As soon as we got into the Championship was found wanting and when he transferred to Sheff Utd they soon realised their mistake and shipped him off to Div 1 Forest.

So does Danny need to have performed in every game to be considered a legend? He and Morgan were a fantastic partnership in the 2nd Div winning season. Infact Cullip held the defense together when Morgan wasn't physically up to player twice a week.

Just because Danny had a few bad games doesn't mean he wasn't outstanding in helping us to promotion 3 times. He's a legend in my book, as is every player who had a major contribution to restoring pride in this club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The man who began the turn around was one of our best ever players and is castigated for wanting to return to live with his wife who also has a career Brian Horton, that is approaching a legend.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
So are fans not allowed to criticise one of your hero's for walking out on them when he was manager. Just because he reached a legendary status for his playing career doesn't mean he is beyond reproach for anything else.

But going by your criteria in the other thread over what constitutes a legend his managerial spell with us is not of legendary status.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:
But going by your criteria in the other thread over what constitutes a legend his managerial spell with us is not of legendary status.

He was the man who stopped the rot and nearly got us in the play offs when we played at Gillingham with probably the worst squad we have ever had.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
BensGrandad said:
He was the man who stopped the rot and nearly got us in the play offs when we played at Gillingham with probably the worst squad we have ever had.

You seem to be missing off the fact he left 4 months before the end of the season when no team is ever nearly in the play offs. We may have been in a play off position but there was still a lot of football to be played and there was no guarentee we would of finished in one..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here