Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official "Thanks Danny" thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As we haven't had a chance to say goodbye to Danny Cullip properly, how about a thread where people can write their thanks and thoughts etc on a player who has been a fantastic servant of the club and contributed to many good times for all of us.

Should this work, we can print and send off to Bramall Lane or something.

(If this happens, I make no excuses for getting rid of any crap that gets written here)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Thanks Danny - you have been an inspirational player and leader at a very difficult time for our club.

Your winner against Chesterfield is one of my all-time highlights in 30+ years of watching the Albion.

Good luck in the future.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Thanks for being one of the best team leaders we ever had, you will go down as a legend.
Thanks for playing your part in the Championships and promotions we have achieved, also an entertaining player on the pitch.
Thanks Danny, all the best.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
:( :( :( Missing you already, thanks for the great service you have given us, and good luck :( :(

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Thanks for everything Danny, for leading the team through some of the greatest moments in Brighton's history. We will never forget you or your contribution to the club. All the best for the future.

Let's have a winner.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Great leader, Great Captain, Great player, always gave 100%, I always liked the way he used to tease strikers. Apart from Oatway he was the hard man of the club.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
"Let's have a winner!!"

I'll miss that :(

Oh and the solid defending you provided....

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Thanks for being a part of so many happy memories. Make sure you get United promoted because we need the money! Best of luck.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Thanks Danny.

A true Albion Legend and you will always receive a warm welcome back to Brighton be it withdean or hopefully Falmer.

Thanks for everything and bes tof luck in the rest of your career.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks Danny and good luck at Sheffield United. The goal you scored aginst Chesterfield will be etched in the memory forever as will many of your commanding displays in the heart of our defence.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Bye bye Danny.

I will always remember you, you heleped make this club great again. You will always be missed.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The heartbeat and the cornerstone of an unforgettable side whose achievements - the championships, the play-off final - speak for themselves. But also a skilful - and very funny - competitor with an inspirational attitude, not to mention a top bloke when I had a chat with the great man at the club Xmas bash a few years back. Permanent Albion legend status is guaranteed. Thanks for everything.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Thanks mate - and good luck for the future

:clap: :clap: :clap:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
In my 20 years of watching the Albion, I would say, without a doubt, you have been our best central defender and an absolutely inspirational leader both on and off the field.

I wish you every success in the future, I genuinely hope Sheffield United get promoted (not just because we need the money) and that you achieve your personal holy grail of premiership football and playing on the bigger stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here