Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Site and Club PR a DISGRACE

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Still going on about bloody Stevenage last night, and even then with no proper report.

This is the most important decision in our History and nothing other than the club has recieved a letter and that was 2 hours after the radio broke the story!

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Well its only been two hours since the official release of the ODPM decision and what with all the legalities behind any statement they will release officially, i'm not surprised they haven't put anything up on the website yet.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Grizz said:
Well its only been two hours since the official release of the ODPM decision and what with all the legalities behind any statement they will release officially, i'm not surprised they haven't put anything up on the website yet.

and the fact this is the club site we're talking about

Bollocks, Dan.

I don't know who broke the story to SCR, but they got it wrong.

The Club has spent the morning ensuring that SCR were put right. That was a more urgent task than updating the website.

Unfortunate. But it's no disgrace to deal with the spanner that someone threw in the works.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
No disrespect to Paul, but that wouldn't happen if the press officer wasn't also responsible for the website!

The club could have got someone in to do the latter today, couldn't they?

Look at all the anger and confusion on here - a calming story on the official site 1.5 hours ago would have been quite useful!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Bollocks, Dan.

I don't know who broke the story to SCR, but they got it wrong.

The Club has spent the morning ensuring that SCR were put right. That was a more urgent task than updating the website.

Unfortunate. But it's no disgrace to deal with the spanner that someone threw in the works.

That spanner in the works from SCR put thousands of us in a deep depression. Screw the official site's content-as Lord B says-correct the NIMBY bullshit first. If you want news, you'll get it here first anyway.

Albion Dan, you are striking the wrong tone entirely.

The club have won a massive victory and have proved their biggest critics like Norman Baker wrong entirely.

This is Dick Knight's greatest day ever.

These pissy little moans about websites are just utterly inappropriate.

Get happy!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Thanks Wozza, there is now a paragraph on there, it should have been there straight away, it takes 5 minutes to put that up. That page is the public face of the Club and where we should get information first.

Wozza said:
No disrespect to Paul, but that wouldn't happen if the press officer wasn't also responsible for the website!

Look at all the anger and confusion on here - a calming story on the official site 1.5 hours ago would have been quite useful!!!

The club can't worry about a few hundred web geeks logging on this morning, who have the means anyway to find the truth with a bit of persistence.

The club have to concentrate on getting an accurate message out to the thousands of fans beyond that, and that does take time.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Thanks Wozza, there is now a paragraph on there, it should have been there straight away, it takes 5 minutes to put that up. That page is the public face of the Club and where we should get information first.

We all know where we SHOULD get news from first but the truth is that NSC is always FIRST-no matter how secretive and legal the issues are.

We have had FFA spokespeople on the radio and that was good enough for me...calmed me down and got the truth out there despite the best efforts of Shitty County Radio.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
London Irish said:
The club can't worry about a few hundred web geeks logging on this morning, who have the means anyway to find the truth with a bit of persistence.

That's rather disrespectful to the many 100s of Albion fans who were online this morning, waiting for the news.

Funnily enough, not every Albion fan was in Brighton, off work and huddled around a transistor listening to Southern Counties or whatever the f*** it's called.

London Irish said:

The club have to concentrate on getting an accurate message out to the thousands of fans beyond that, and that does take time.

Yesterday, Dick Knight said that any news would be relayed to fans through the club web-site and local media FIRST.......

I realise of course that Paul C cannot be five palces at the same time but first does suggest a priority

Britney Spears has just knocked on my door asking for a shag, but the disrespectful cow didn't even know my name so I told her to sling her hook :angry:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Wozza said:

I agree with Wozza on that matter even more so now we are in the 1st division.

There is Tim Dunning and Andy who could be given responsibility for the site leaving Paul free too concentrate on dealing with more important issues.

Its not just a few 100 net geeks its journo's from the Uk and around the world. The net is now one of the biggest sources for stories whether it be the BHA site or the ODPM's site the place too get the message across is now websites not press releases as more people read the web for what they want too know.

You are also in control of what is written, something you are not from a press release or a press briefing or conference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here