Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Site "Adams considering future"

you mean the creativity of the 3 ineligable players who were forced to sit out would have provided? Carole, McNulty and Davies.

So may i make a suggestion and you actually bother to turn up to a league game and watch them now with our new players, and then see if your view is the same? its all to easy to criticise when all you base your assumption on is a scoreline.

You clearly have no knowledge of what football is like and that any team with ten men is going to be under pressure

What the three new players that we lost with in both our last two league games?

Dandyman

In London village.
I think Knight will UNITE the fans if he sacks Adams.

I'd say his credibility is badly damaged by the events of the last 14 months. I'd like to see a lot less ego and a bit more honesty from him.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Adams considers his future

Lets see now
If I leave this job I will never get another job in football management, well certainly never one paying as much as this and certainly.

If I hang on as long as possible I will get enough money when they finally sack me to hang onto my lifestyle until the local ASDA takes on again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How many on NSC wanted Wilkins out last Christmas? but bleat on about him after being sacked a few months later
Hardly any. I remember Lord B bringing up some lame arsed thread after the Cheltenham defeat last season and it had a few people moaning on there, but no-one was asking for him to be sacked. Probably because Christmas before last (after our worst run of results that season), we were still mid table!

How many on NSC wanted Adams to return, but were unwilling to give him time before the abuse started almost straight away, and despite the season being 46 games, not 6 - absolutely no patience anymore, patience other managers got, like McGhee. And despite of Adams previous good record as manager for the club.
Again, pretty far from a majority of people, that's for sure. The bottom line is that it hasn't been the usual idiots calling for his head this time round - it's been some very reasonable people. In fairness, this isn't entirely down to Adams, but more to do with the apparent disregard the board was taking with its supporters except for this inner circle of fans that have been talked about on here in recent months. If Adams wanted people to look at some sort of bigger picture, I think you'll find this was it!

Some people are never gonna be happy whatever the club do, even if they are acting to try to meet those demands as best as they can with limited resources.
You're probably right here, but we're now talking about a lot more people than the "some people" you refer to.

Now being reported on the main BBC Site (but just the re-hash of the SCR interview last night)

Adams to discuss Albion future

Adams is under immense scrutiny from sections of the Albion fanbase
Brighton & Hove Albion manager Micky Adams is to discuss his future with the club's board this week.

Adams watched his side lose in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Southern Area Final to Luton on penalties on Tuesday.

And he told BBC Southern Counties Radio: "I will be sitting down with the board and seeing where we all go.

"Whether it takes place now or Thursday, Friday, I haven't put a timescale on it but I am sure I'll be sitting down with them."

Whatever happens, Adams backed his side to avoid the drop: "I think the spirit we showed leaves me confident that the football club won't be relegated."

The Albion are in 21st place in League One, two points adrift of safety.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So soon after allowing Adams to go and get some players in January would be foolish to let him go.

Had we won last night on pens would he be considering his future?? Stick with him until the end of the season, then see where we are then.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
If Micky doesn't jump, it's time for him to get pushed.

It's a shame that things did not work out on his return, and in the long term people will remember Adams for delivering success in 2000-01 rather than the current debacle. But it's clear, and has been for a long time, that Adams is not the right man for the job...I hope this misery will end soon!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
If Micky doesn't jump, it's time for him to get pushed.

It's a shame that things did not work out on his return, and in the long term people will remember Adams for delivering success in 2000-01 rather than the current debacle. But it's clear, and has been for a long time, that Adams is not the right man for the job...I hope this misery will end soon!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Any news on when the meeting is actually taking place? It's the most excited I've been by the Albion this season

That is pathetic. Micky Adams was fantastic last time and still deserves people's respect despite his poor recxord this time. To make a comment like that in a season where we have beaten "the richest club in the world" and been a penalty shootout away from Wembley is ludicrous.

I for one will be supporting whoever is managing Brighton this weekend whether it be Micky Adams, a caretaker manager or a completely new one. It would be nice to think that is the same for everyone but clearly not.

Stumpy Tim

That is pathetic. Micky Adams was fantastic last time and still deserves people's respect despite his poor recxord this time. To make a comment like that in a season where we have beaten "the richest club in the world" and been a penalty shootout away from Wembley is ludicrous.

I for one will be supporting whoever is managing Brighton this weekend whether it be Micky Adams, a caretaker manager or a completely new one. It would be nice to think that is the same for everyone but clearly not.

Why does that mean I won't be supporting the Albion... however, I also don't think we have a HOPE of staying up this season if Adams remains in charge. So I'm sorry, but yes I am excited that we might get someone in who will stop the rot & keep us up. Using the Man City game as a highlight of the season when we're in the relegation zone is plain stupid. And a penalty shootout from Wembley... f*** - who did we beat on the way??? No one of note & we did that through two penalty shootouts.

Just because people want Adams out doesn't mean we don't support the Albion - we just don't support Adams. Have a think before you type

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Meeting update: Micky has made it past the garlic bread starter and a 12 inch Pepperoni Meatfeast is being brought to the table as we speak. More later...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Why does that mean I won't be supporting the Albion... however, I also don't think we have a HOPE of staying up this season if Adams remains in charge. So I'm sorry, but yes I am excited that we might get someone in who will stop the rot & keep us up. Using the Man City game as a highlight of the season when we're in the relegation zone is plain stupid. And a penalty shootout from Wembley... f*** - who did we beat on the way??? No one of note & we did that through two penalty shootouts.

Just because people want Adams out doesn't mean we don't support the Albion - we just don't support Adams. Have a think before you type

Did I once say that you wouldn't be supporting Brighton. No. I said it would be nice if the fans got behind whoever is manager at Millwall at the weekend. Also a number of people on here seem to want us to lose if it means Adams goes (I don't know if that includes you so won't comment on that).

My main point though is that you saying this was the highlight of your season is pathetic and I stand by that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here