Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No race for me now until the Brighton Half. Very glad yesterday was a nine mile plod due to both the wind and going out with the lads for dinner, the boxing and Tuaca shots on Saturday night. The only thing that felt good was looking at the NSC strava group afterwards which I topped on total time due to being much slower than [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] [emoji38]ol:
I won't be top for a week or two, niggly calf issues....very frustrating

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I deferred my long run from yesterday to this morning. Less wind, across to Worthing and back, taking in a couple of enforced pitstops in Worthing Hospital and Buckingham Park. I ended doing 13.5 miles, the goal being to better last month's mileage of 71.something...

I realised I need to step up my parkrun game – I was getting back to near PBs a while back, but Saturday was just under 22. Must do better...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Coach is not going to be amused. Supposed to do 8 * 2 min intervals at just BELOW tempo with 1 min jog cool downs and a warm up / cool down jog. Instead did 4 at way faster than tempo and another five at the correct speed because I was a)knackered and b)losing count. Ouchy.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just got myself a London marathon place! Entered with NAS, and hadn't heard anything so presumed it was a lost cause. Just clearing out emails and decided to call them, and I'M IN!

That means the Brighton/London double is on. Can't wait :lol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Just got myself a London marathon place! Entered with NAS, and hadn't heard anything so presumed it was a lost cause. Just clearing out emails and decided to call them, and I'M IN!

That means the Brighton/London double is on. Can't wait :lol:

Congrats!

That means you're going to be taking Brighton easy right?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Congrats!

That means you're going to be taking Brighton easy right?

Other way round I'd recommend - belt around Brighton and enjoy the London party atmosphere as a recovery run........

^^^ What he said. Got a 3:45 goal for Brighton, which is going to be no mean feat, but it's something to aim for in training.

Of the two, I much prefer Brighton as a 'race'. There are just so many people in London that it can be hard to get going, especially after spending ages waiting to cross the start line. London will (hopefully) be the lap of honour after Brighton!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
^^^ What he said. Got a 3:45 goal for Brighton, which is going to be no mean feat, but it's something to aim for in training.

Of the two, I much prefer Brighton as a 'race'. There are just so many people in London that it can be hard to get going, especially after spending ages waiting to cross the start line. London will (hopefully) be the lap of honour after Brighton!

Sounds good. May well leave me at the back of the NSC pack still. My target is sub 4 but we'll see.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sounds good. May well leave me at the back of the NSC pack still. My target is sub 4 but we'll see.....

Depending on what I'm up to at that point I might pace you if you want :)

As plans currently stand I am doing the SDW50 the week before so will be treating it as a training/recovery type-run and would expect to get round in about 4ish on that basis

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

As plans currently stand I am doing the SDW50 the week before so will be treating it as a training/recovery type-run and would expect to get round in about 4ish on that basis

I'd certainly be up for that if that's how your plans work out but don't wreck your own plans. Let's chat nearer the time :)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
LOL, that path is almost like a ROAD compared to some parts of the downs......try running down the hills skirting Worthing Golf Club or the one down from Spinghead Hill to Washington in the wet in road shoes :)

This was a trail shoe day...........

View attachment 70216

I've just entered the Stinger for next year as part of my build up to SDW50

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
.....and free professional photos as well

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Long range forecast suggesting the Mince Pie 10 is going to be another windy one, similar to Brooks mid November. Seems like the last four weeks has been nothing but strong westerly winds, I can't wait to get out with the wind below 10MPH again!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Thanks [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION], I may well take you up on that.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Not ready for the Mince Pie run. Other two NSC runners in good form. Best strategy for me today is enjoyment by holding back for the first half. So I will embrace the sea breeze, splash through the puddles, cool down in the rain, go up the Downs and slip in the mud.
Motivation to see it through to the finish will come from yesterday afternoon.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Got a stinking cold so am expecting a real struggle this morning. Hoping BBC forecast that the wind will drop at 11 holds true.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Good luck Mince Pie-ers. Now very glad I binned it off. 1hr 40 mins training run instead run as a 60 min easy, 30 min steady with cool down. Despite my technical top my NIPS are now complaining.

Good to meet [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] yesterday and talk running and THAT match :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here