Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Red for Wrexham Day Thread AND THE FINAL TOTAL FROM WITHDEAN

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Firstly, I would like to thank Southern Counties Radio for their pre match coverage. I did not hear it but hopefully got the message across (on the radio twice in one day!).

Thank you to the club who could not have been anymore helpful. Richard in particular has been amazing in helping us. Thank you to the stewards who chatted to us and spurred us on with encouragement.

Thank you to everyone who put their hand in their pocket and gave so generously.

But mostly thank you to those people who stood in the freezing cold sleet and snow for over 2 hours in order to collect money for a club in a different country.

You really are a credit to Brighton and Hove Albion FC and I cannot say how proud I am of our support today.

In particular thanks to...

Mini Del Boy
Lush
Eastlondonseagull
Yorkie
Beach Hut
Beach Hut Junior
BHA Fatboy
My Dad
My girlfriend

You are all legends.

Anyhow... I have finished counting up all the money that we collected and our grand total for the day is:

£1,386.73p

Add to this an expected £50 from t-shirt sales in Wrexham and a tenner that I am owed from Artois and that makes:

£1,446,73p

I need to take some off this for the cost of the badges and the t-shirts but we will have made far in excess of £1,000 for Wrexham.

If only every club in the country could raise that amount for every 6,000 supporters then Wrexham would be in a much better position.

The club have also taken a Fans Utd T-shirt to get signed by the club which I am collecting next week to put on Ebay so expect this total to increase.

You are all heroes in my eyes.

FANS UTD WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I make that about £2.25 per person. That's quality.:clap2:

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
That much? WOW!

I enjoyed it, even if i am developing a cold. Probably took at least £100 at the away entrance. All the Burnley fans were friendly, and gave generously.

Apart from one :tosser: who told us we shouldn't bother, and din't care about wrexham.

Am i getting smaller?

Called small by BHAfatboy, and min by you. :jester:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Official Red for Wrexham Day Thread AND THE FINAL TOTAL FROM WITHDEAN

Del Boy said:

Am i getting smaller?

Small yes but you were a legend today and a credit to Brighton. Easily the best collector out there today mate :clap:

Del Boy even tried collaring the Burnley players!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Safeway said:
How do you work that one out? If six thousand people each gave £2.25 they'd have raised £13,500. ???

Do you mean it was only 22 pence each then?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pleasure's all mine and Juniors.

I have to thanks Lush for her help I was beginning to flag in the North Stand and Junior had "retired" to hospitality with his mate as he was so freezing.

One twat started telling me I shouldn't be collecting for Wrexham then along came Lush to rescue my flagging spirits - thanks :clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
children in need raised £17million *tsk*

kidding , absolutely therominal ammount today , well done one and all

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
Re: Re: Re: Official Red for Wrexham Day Thread AND THE FINAL TOTAL FROM WITHDEAN

Richie Morris said:
Small yes but you were a legend today and a credit to Brighton. Easily the best collector out there today mate :clap:

Del Boy even tried collaring the Burnley players!

:blush:

the selfish bastards wouldn't give anything :jester:

We were all there for one main reason - Wrexham -and everyone who helped or donated deseves a pat on the back

Also, who had there photos taken by Roz?
:blush:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Who was with you Del Boy ?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Re: Re: Official Red for Wrexham Day Thread AND THE FINAL TOTAL FROM WITHDEAN

Del Boy said:

Am i getting smaller?

*in tim lovejoy voice*

little del boy , look at the little del boy :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Del Boy said:
Richie's dad

Right - nice to have met you Richie's Dad :wave:

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
That is a phonominal total, we have done football proud today.

Well done Richie, OTLW and everyone else who helped to organise this :drink: :drink: :drink:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
I chucked a couple of quid in Yorkies' bucket and wore my badge with pride. I was frozen just walking to Withdean so I don't know how the hell all you collecters managed to stand there for over an hour or however long it was. Brilliant effort ALL of you.
:bounce: :bounce:
By the way Richie, did the total reach your expectations or were you a bit short on what you hoped to get?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It was actually a lot more then I thought we would get. I was expecting maybe 300 quid above costs because of the other collection outside and the number of times our fans have been asked to put their hands in their pockets of late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here