Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2024/25 šŸˆ

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
It's a bleary-eyed but beautiful morning in Commanders-land today. What a game that was. Just about as near perfect rookie QB performance as you could ever hope to see from Jayden Daniels, sensational. The offence as a whole stepped up, the O Line gave Daniels the protection that he needed, and the RBs the holes they needed. The Receivers and Tight Ends caught everything thrown their way and Terry McLaurin is back baby! Kliff Kingsbury called a superb game and we were actually fun to watch.

Obviously the flip side is that we needed the perfect offence as our D had no answer to Burrow and Chase or indeed the Bengals run game.

Absolutely buzzing and a day of victory podcasts to help drag me through the work day awaits! #RaiseHail
Same here, it seems that getting rid of Snyder and gutting the team has turned things around at long last.
Letā€™s hope our rookie QB stays healthy. Looking great so far!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Putting it on Watsons shoulders is obviously not working - yet Stefanski fails to see that, week in - week out.

Last year with Flacco showed what the Browns should be. This year is yet another massive step back just to accommodate HIM and it really F'ckin grinds my gears..

Im done with this team until they CUT or TRADE him away.
Regardless of Watson's obvious early talent as a franchise QB, his escapology skills and his Wild Card winning drive against the Bills in 2020, I was as relieved as pleased when we finally got shot of him. He had the chance to go to Miami, but the deal stalled despite being quite possible. In true NSC style, I'd have driven him to Florida myself.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-and-the-neverending-deshaun-watson-saga#:~:text=Regardless%2C%20the%20Dolphins%20didn't,such%20as%20an%20NFL%20suspension).

Watson is an albatross around the neck of any franchise. Far too much baggage for any team to want. And his on-field stock has fallen.

I feel the pain of you and @Brovion here. The sooner he goes, the better.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
@Brovion may not want to know anything, but Im gonna say it anyway:

24/32, 176yds, 1TD, 1 INT....against the *$*Ā£((&% Raiders!

Again, a short yardage, safe gameplan that a UDFA QB could probably control. We are paying a predator MILLIONS to be a game manager, not a superstar. FFS.

Jerome Ford, 10 rushes for 58 yds. He was gaining ground, we were 10-0 up....why did we move away from the run game, AGAIN.

Putting it on Watsons shoulders is obviously not working - yet Stefanski fails to see that, week in - week out.

Last year with Flacco showed what the Browns should be. This year is yet another massive step back just to accommodate HIM and it really F'ckin grinds my gears..

Im done with this team until they CUT or TRADE him away.
Team sold their soul (and paid a massive amount) for Watson and got nothing in return.

They need rid of him, but I doubt too many others would want him.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Weekend ruined before it's even begun :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, expected a close-game, the Falcons have improved massively and have a load of threats. Just wished we threw the ball more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here