Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2022/23

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The Giants have certainly made questionable draft decisions in the past. But I think new GM Joe Schoen has done OK on his first draft having landed Oregon pass-rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux at No. 5 and then Alabama offensive lineman Evan Neal at No. 7.

Could this be a turning point for Big Blue

Delighted so far.

Wouldn’t have minded Sauce Gardner on the assumption Bradberry will be cut, but perhaps they’ll keep Bradbury and create cap space through contract restructures.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Giants have certainly made questionable draft decisions in the past. But I think new GM Joe Schoen has done OK on his first draft having landed Oregon pass-rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux at No. 5 and then Alabama offensive lineman Evan Neal at No. 7.

Could this be a turning point for Big Blue

As a Commanders (and Ducks) fan I am very disappointed with the G-Men's draft, very good use of those two high picks. Giants just got a lot better.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well the Jacksonville defence should be MUCH improved with Walker and Lloyd, the latter fills a huge hole in the linebacker unit. Fingers crossed for some players on offence with our next 3 picks. Still need a WR and interior OL.

Some interesting stories coming out of Day 2. Don't think anyone saw the QBs falling into the mid-back half of the 3rd round, but ultimately shows how much emphasis the NFL media can put into hyping up a class for draft intrigue, while ultimately being at complete odds with what evaluators within the league think about these QBs outside of Pickett.

Some interesting fits - Ridder going to Atlanta shouldn't preclude them taking a Bryce Young or CJ Stroud next year if they are as bad as I think they're going to be in 2022. Willis is a really intriguing fit at the Titans that could provide them a future dual running threat between him and Henry that mirrors how Baltimore use Lamar and their RB room. Will see if the Panthers are still in the hunt for a veteran QB, but every chance Corral could be thrust in if they don't and he beats out Darnold in camp.

The other big faller was LB Nakobe Dean, who was projected as a potential back third of the 1st round pick but ultimately went to the Eagles at 83 in the 3rd. It was revealed last night that he has refused surgery on a serious pec injury along with having a meniscus concern that has understandably put teams off putting high draft capital into him.

Also great to see Scottish-Nigerian prospect David Ojabo not fall too far down the board and get picked in the early 2nd. Ravens is a great fit, and there's no rush for him to return from the injury he sustained at his Pro Day to play in 2022.

Raiders finally got on the clock at 90 after a trade back - the Ziegler Pats style braintrust fully in motion there - and addressed a big need in O-Line with Dylan Parham from Memphis. Played at Guard and Center, but projects as a bit smaller than most like for the former and Dane Brugler has him listed as the latter in his "Beast" draft guide, so he's got real versatility and should immediately compete for a spot at either position. Given the wild gamble the old staff took at C with Andre James last year that quickly backfired, having a more comfortable option at the position that we haven't reached for is another thumbs up from me for our new regime.

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Anyone heading to London, or Germany, for the International series this season?

Cant get excited for them myself these days tbh - the atmosphere is just shite compared to a game in the States, so probably wont bother going, even though the Packers are heading to town.
Expect the missus will want to go and watch her Vikes though - and Jnr is desperate to go to Munich to watch his Bucs vs Seattle....

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Gutted - Broncos are coming over to play the Jags and where am I that weekend? Florida:tantrum:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Cant get excited for them myself these days tbh - the atmosphere is just shite compared to a game in the States, so probably wont bother going, even though the Packers are heading to town.
Expect the missus will want to go and watch her Vikes though - and Jnr is desperate to go to Munich to watch his Bucs vs Seattle....

Very much considering going to Munich to see my Seahawks, even though I’m anticipating next season being a bit of a car-crash (sorry, ‘rebuilding’ season).

Already checked that I can fly Dubai - Munich in the morning, and then back on Monday morning. And registered for ticket information… It is my birthday weekend after all!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

Delighted that the Vikes are in town again. I'll try to get tickets for that game and then the Seahawks one in Munich.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/61554843

A shame to see Christian Wade cut by the Bills & contemplating a return to rugby. Never quite works out for the skill positions on the NFL International Player Pathway does it...
At least he has that TD run vs the Colts in last years pre-season on his highlight reel forever more.

I think he was injured and that played a part in the Bills decision. Can't remember where I read that, but the same article also said he wanted to try again.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So our super-duper new QB has, as expected, been banned: https://news.sky.com/story/clevelan...ore-than-20-sexual-misconduct-claims-12663869

Frankly I think it's too short. I certainly will find it harder to support Cleveland this year with a complete ******** as QB. Typical. For years, really ever since Bernie Kosar, we've craved a quality franchise quarterback. Mayfield wasn't quite it, Watson undoubtedly has the talent, but jeez. It's like being promised a party with a superstar DJ and finding out it's Tim Westwood .... or Jimmy Savile.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
So our super-duper new QB has, as expected, been banned: https://news.sky.com/story/clevelan...ore-than-20-sexual-misconduct-claims-12663869

Frankly I think it's too short. I certainly will find it harder to support Cleveland this year with a complete ******** as QB. Typical. For years, really ever since Bernie Kosar, we've craved a quality franchise quarterback. Mayfield wasn't quite it, Watson undoubtedly has the talent, but jeez. It's like being promised a party with a superstar DJ and finding out it's Tim Westwood .... or Jimmy Savile.

100% agree...hence my avatar.

Im a life long Browns fan, but finding it VERY difficult to get behind them this off-season with all the Watson shenanigans. I was never a big Mayfield fan, but I would've preferred keeping him over this sh1tshow. Haslam & Stefanski knew what the consequences could/would be - yet they still throw $230m guaranteed at the guy, & throw Mayfield out with the trash after an injury ravaged season. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth tbh, & if they struggle this season (almost guaranteed with Brissett, Dobbs or Rosen under center...so expect a HUGE dose of Chubb & Hunt for the first 6 weeks) then they only have themselves to blame. Mayfield will be relishing the chance to play the Browns in Week One as Carolina's starting QB, and I can see it being SKYs first game of the season if he beats out Darnold in camp.

Only the Browns could screw themselves so badly after finally looking like they could be emerging out of the dark years.

Go Chargers & Packers :rolleyes:

Last edited:

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Late to the party but googles algo suggested 'Making the Browns' to me the other day. Really good behind the scenes stuff with good production value all on youtube. Check it out if you like the behind the scenes stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here