Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2022/23

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Very excited to see that The Bills are finally coming back to London. With Tennessee also scheduled to visit (my son is Titans fan) I'm going to be under severe pressure to somehow bag tickets for both games.

https://www.nfl.com/uk/london-games
I'm glad you'll get a chance to see them but not happy that we lose a home game. We're all very concerned that the Cowboys game will be the one we lose, we only see them at home once every 8 years or so and it would suck to lose that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm glad you'll get a chance to see them but not happy that we lose a home game. We're all very concerned that the Cowboys game will be the one we lose, we only see them at home once every 8 years or so and it would suck to lose that.
Take your point re opponents, but wasn’t that largely the point of the 17th game?

It’s about selling the brand worldwide….. (I thought)

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I get that; as a season ticket holder I'm sure I'd be the same if they made Brighton play a random game in New York (although I'd 100% go!). But, as has already been mentioned, the introduction of the 17th game was clearly done with the International Series in mind. I think I'm right in saying that every franchise will play a home game overseas at least once every 7 years, giving up a home game in a 9 home game season? Seems fair enough?

I have a feeling it wil be the Raiders @ Bills game that they schedule for Spurs, would be surprised if they chose the Cowboys game as it's a clear Primetime TV candidate. I had an amazing time when Buffalo played at Wembley against the Jags a few years back, and that was when we were terrible.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
RE: The posts above
- We only had 7 home games this year due to the snow storm game being moved to Detroit
- With a max of 9 home games in a year it's tough on the fans to lose one
- Losing a chance to see a team we only see every 8 years is horrible. This means a 16 year gap between seeing the Cowboys, Raiders, or Bucs at home (if it's them)
- People who map out team commitments to international games (I'm not one of them) say the Cowboys are behind in their commitment and are the most likely choice to play overseas, the Raiders also seem a likely choice but they played one in 2019. It will be one of Cowboys, Raiders, Bucs, Jets, Dolphins if the NFL goes by time since last international game
- Absolutely was the plan of this series to grow international interest.
- AlbionAlex absolutely want the game to be Jags v Bills and yes come on by if it happens. I've picked up a ticket for Bills v KC in Atlanta if that one happens.

A valiant effort by the Jags against the Chiefs, but it really did feel like a case of "what if" after Mahomes got hampered by that ankle injury in the first half. They weren't the same team on offence after that, but it still says a lot about Mahomes that he was able to keep things on track just enough on one good ankle in the second half through adjusting the timing of his throws in shotgun to avoid any hits, plus leaning more on the run game.

Overall, that game highlighted the gap in talent between the Jags and the top 3 seeds in the AFC on offence. Really lacked a true big time game changer in the mid-long range receiving game, and having to rely on someone like Agnew in a big spot where that turnover in the 4th happened (as great as he was on special teams) is part of what made the difference against a low-key great Chiefs defence. Hopefully Calvin Ridley brings that sort of X-Factor for them next year, but no shame in losing to a team like that in the Divisional round a year on from having the worst record.

Think the gap in skill talent is something we could see again in Giants v Eagles now, though I'm hoping for another shock result for the G-Men.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Boneheaded call by the Giants coach to punt on 4th and 6, 3 scores down in the fourth quarter !

They were 3rd and 1 the play before and called a pass and lost 5 yards to boot...Shocking play calling all match tbh

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Boneheaded call by the Giants coach to punt on 4th and 6, 3 scores down in the fourth quarter !

They were 3rd and 1 the play before and called a pass and lost 5 yards to boot...Shocking play calling all match tbh
Though the run was bottled up, so calculated gamble on 3rd down, agree re 4th nothing to lose…..

Philadelphia much better team and deserved the win, no complaints, other than their stupid name, ugly cheerleaders and shit stadium….. bit like another Eagles team.

Seriously, great season for the Giants, Daboll has done really well with a quite awful squad of players that were handicapped by Gettleman whi is the worst ever Giants GM - he should have gone sooner.

Need a good free agency and draft.

All feels promising

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
D4859F26-E40B-4422-BCCD-B3DDD0974EEC.jpeg

Superb game played last night by the Eagles! Dominated from start to finish. Now for the NFC One game at a time but I have a feeling this may be our year. Isn’t really a weak link in our side.

Onwards and upwards.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well it was the expected outcome of the Chiefs/Jags game, but feels like a missed opportunity against a 50% Mahomes (and by the looks of it we'd have probably lost to Henne at centre too). Difference in class showed especially not being able to contain Kelce. Agnew has been great on special teams returns this year, but that was a costly turnover on the reception. Felt like we couldn't stretch the field and had too many short or lateral passes that left the receivers with too much to do. Still after last year its been an amazing turnaround and plenty of reasons to feel positive as a Jags fan.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Though the run was bottled up, so calculated gamble on 3rd down, agree re 4th nothing to lose…..

Philadelphia much better team and deserved the win, no complaints, other than their stupid name, ugly cheerleaders and shit stadium….. bit like another Eagles team.

Seriously, great season for the Giants, Daboll has done really well with a quite awful squad of players that were handicapped by Gettleman whi is the worst ever Giants GM - he should have gone sooner.

All feels promising
Good post and good luck next season...I've been to Giants Stadium and their fans closest I saw to 'English old school football fans' which was refreshing tbh...

Still think on 3rd and 1 at that stage of games you should use 2 downs to get a yard

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

All feels promising
Yeah really ugly!

Attachments

• 997B73D8-698B-4D19-BCC8-691334A00A1B.png
    997B73D8-698B-4D19-BCC8-691334A00A1B.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 67

Well it was the expected outcome of the Chiefs/Jags game, but feels like a missed opportunity against a 50% Mahomes (and by the looks of it we'd have probably lost to Henne at centre too). Difference in class showed especially not being able to contain Kelce. Agnew has been great on special teams returns this year, but that was a costly turnover on the reception. Felt like we couldn't stretch the field and had too many short or lateral passes that left the receivers with too much to do. Still after last year its been an amazing turnaround and plenty of reasons to feel positive as a Jags fan.
Spot on. Every other Jags drive felt like they were spamming Read Option plays with Etienne running it up the gut, or Screen/Swing passes underneath.

As I said last night, not having that X-Factor player to stretch the field really impacted your ability to do more damage to the Chiefs' lead when they had to punt. As decent as Kirk has been this year, he's always been more of a slot guy, and he should really have taken in that one long bomb down the field that Lawrence got off in the 2nd quarter.

Lots of positives to take away, just have to add more talent around Lawrence and you should have a grip on the AFC South for a few years. Titans are slowly approaching a need to rebuild post-Tanehill, Colts are unpredictable while on the QB carousel and the Texans are the Texans!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here