Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I love my beer but I genuinely can't see what the fuss is about with this Plateau.

I've had it it on more than one occasion and it's , er, ok, and really that's about it for me.

Rather 'wishy washy' for me, chaps.

It's like a blander Hophead

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's not the best Citra on offer but it's OK. The Hastings brewery Citra in Trafalgar Wines is lovely.

Arbour (is this the correct spelling?) make a nice one. Brewing by Numbers make a lovely Citra Saison. This is not as a lovely as their Nelson Sauvin Saison though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lovely pint of Kernel Amarillo in Craft Beer Co. Yesterday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Going to be checking out Craft Beer Co Covent Garden and BeaverTown Brewery's Dukes Brew and Que pub this weekend. If my body permits I'll also be checking out the breweries in Bermonsey on Saturday lunch time when they throw open their doors; really up for The Kernel and Brewing by Numbers.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Has anyone tried beer from the Goldstone Brewery yet? I'd love some feedback.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Really enjoyed the Jackhammer in the Brewdog pub Camden last night.

Might pop into the Craft at Clapham today en route to Earls Court.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really enjoyed the Jackhammer in the Brewdog pub Camden last night.

Might pop into the Craft at Clapham today en route to Earls Court.

Jackhammer is lovely.

I have been to Craft in Covent Garden the last two nights; it's run by Josh who worked in the Brighton branch. Lovely and enthusiastic chap. Mainly been drinking the Magic Rock beers Clown Juice, Cannonball and a Vienna IPA.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Enjoyed a Kulmbacher Schwartzbier last night. In fact I enjoyed far too many German beers last night. Finished the evening off with an Italian Pale ale but was too far gone to remember who brewed it. Not a sign of Citra or simcoe in it though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I sat down tonight in a bar on Lake Garda and when I asked them what beers they had available you can imagine my excitement when they told me they had a special 'red' beer. Now my wife plumped for the German Pils but I had to wait a little while longer for my Artisan Italian red.........or so I thought. I've had some great Italian beers in Florence, Rome and Perugia during last years holiday but this one was very very special.

It was Fullers London Pride. I didn't know till I had got half way down it and just had to go inside to see what it actually was. Only 6 quid as well for a pint.
Cheers everyone.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I sat down tonight in a bar on Lake Garda and when I asked them what beers they had available you can imagine my excitement when they told me they had a special 'red' beer. Now my wife plumped for the German Pils but I had to wait a little while longer for my Artisan Italian red.........or so I thought. I've had some great Italian beers in Florence, Rome and Perugia during last years holiday but this one was very very special.

It was Fullers London Pride. I didn't know till I had got half way down it and just had to go inside to see what it actually was. Only 6 quid as well for a pint.
Cheers everyone.

Reminds me of a friend who went on holiday to deepest and darkest West Wales, almost to Fishguard, upon arriving at the local pub after a 7 hour drive he asked if there was a guest ale.... to which the landlord replied, " yes, I ad a barrel delivered last week and it's bin restin see.... it's should be a good un, its come a long way.... It's King and Barnes Sussex Bitter ! " Doh !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Reminds me of a friend who went on holiday to deepest and darkest West Wales, almost to Fishguard, upon arriving at the local pub after a 7 hour drive he asked if there was a guest ale.... to which the landlord replied, " yes, I ad a barrel delivered last week and it's bin restin see.... it's should be a good un, its come a long way.... It's King and Barnes Sussex Bitter ! " Doh !
Oh well Veg I'm off fishing tomorrow in 32c heat so the Pils will be fine when I get back.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just got back from 9 days in Florida. Dogfish 60 Minute IPA excellent staple in our fridge. Magic Hat IPL very nice and easy drinking. Ruby Redbird from Shiner was very refreshing, grapefruit juice style beer.

Those Yanks are lucky to have supermarkets like Whole Foods stocking such a wide choice of excellent craft beer

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My trip to London took in Craft Beer Covent Garden, Dukes Brew and Que (Beavertown Brewery) in Haggeston and Cask in Pimlico. Took in some great beers from Magic Rock (Clown Juice, Cannonball and A Vienna IPA the name of which escapes me. Tried a couple from a new (to me) brewery called Anspach and Hobsday. The full range of core beers from Beavertown and my favourite was a limited edition bottled Burning Sky Chardonney barrel aged saison which in the hot London afternoon went down an absolute treat. I also had a Kernel pale ale with my steak (see other thread), Punk IPA and a 5AM saint pre-gig. All in all a good haul.

I do not know if any of you know Josh from Craft in Brighton? Tall chap...lovely guy, he is now the manager of Craft in Covent Garden.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Has anyone else visited the Brighton Beer Dispensary yet, on the site of the old Prince Arthur on Dean Street? Popped in for a half after work last Friday. Really nice people, very worthy venture. 2 kegs and 12 casks as I remember. 4 ciders on so a better bet for cider lovers than Craft or Evening Star.

They also have 2 "blind" taps on so you guess what it is. Not totally sure what I thought of it as an idea. Good looking burgers and bar snacks as well.

Anyway I'm attempting to stay off the sauce for a while but this lovely tasting beer makes that quite a difficult process

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just got back from 9 days in Florida. Dogfish 60 Minute IPA excellent staple in our fridge. Magic Hat IPL very nice and easy drinking. Ruby Redbird from Shiner was very refreshing, grapefruit juice style beer.

Those Yanks are lucky to have supermarkets like Whole Foods stocking such a wide choice of excellent craft beer

Dogfish Head is my favourite brewer after Brooklyn Brewery. Whole Foods is good but I prefer Trader Joe’s, cheaper prices and not full of hipsters and tree huggers trying to save the world – IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here