Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *** Official Match Thread*** Uruguay vs England

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
England played like a cricket team, all gentlemanly polite. Uruguay play like lions about to feed with abandonment. The ref was weak and the English players weaker. Enough said for me.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Oh well , looking at it with perspective, we came into this world cup with little expectation. We played well against Italy, but ultimately were beaten by the better team. Uruguay had a shocker against Costa Rica. Tonight Uruguay were back on form, whilst England failed to build upon their opening game. We have been beaten by the 2 teams who we knew had quality. A quality that we also knew we did not have. Essentially we are now out. No real shocks there. But now I can put that aside, a continue to enjoy what is a cracking world cup competion. One that we were never going to win.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The referees at this World Cup have been piss-poor. Uruguay should have been down to ten men. But still, we didn't do enough.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
**** sake. How shit does that feel. The biggest **** in world football makes a miraculous recovery to put 2 past us, with a bit of help from his team mate. Gerard you muppet.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Technically poor. Again.

I guess a lot of people will be happy we don't play 'Tippy tappy' though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here