Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* Official Match Thread: Switzerland vs England *

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Predictions?

I'm going for 2-1 England.

Anyone know if Defoe is fit? I haven't heard anything since he limped away from his hat trick Friday.

The England U21's are also playing today, against Lithuania U21, at home, and at 15:30... That will be a big crowd.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What interests me more is: will Rooney be able to keep his cool if the swiss players make comments about his current troubles.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Could be a good test of the 'new realism'. Except for some tongue-in-cheek comments I didn't see anybody going overboard after the win against Bulgaria ("Hooray, we're world class again! That's shut all you moaners up hasn't it? The World Cup was just an aberration!").

Anybody who reckons this is an 'easy' game in an 'easy' group, because after all "we should be beating teams like Switzerland" hasn't been paying attention for the last forty years. Or even the last few months as Switzerland beat Spain in the World Cup in case anyone's forgotten.

If you're offering a 1-0 win I'll bite your hand off.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
3-0 to the Eng-er-land

:ascarf:

Watching this one in the Rock Point, should be a great atmosphere and a great test of our brave new era.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
1-1

Joe Hart to make a blunder, and the press goes into a frenzy about how we're still looking for that elusive keeper. Which is bollocks.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Who is their English born player set to make his debut for the Swiss tonight? Sutter or something. I'm sure he can give his team mates a few choice phrases to say to Rooney

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rooney will score (again)

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Think we may edge it. 2-1. Rooney will have a blinder (although that could mean we more than edge it...)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3694320 said:
They'll need to have bloody good English.

What?just to shout "Hey wayne...prostitute"...whilst poking their index fingers through a circle formed of a thumb and forefinger of their other hand?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With Defoe not fully fit, Rooney ill-prepared after 3 days of media frenzy re his private life, Dawson crocked and the Swiss crowd expected to be right up for it this is a big test.

The Swiss don't concede too many so the first goal will be key. I'd actually take a draw if offered, partly because the Welsh and Bulgarians are already off the pace.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The England U21's are also playing today, against Lithuania U21, at home, and at 15:30... That will be a big crowd.

...and it's at Colchester, guaranteed massive crowd then!

Not!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here