Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2010 Career Thread

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
my first season finished 7th, had to get rid of murray in january due to all his personal problems, and forster got injured for 5 months so didnt get the standard 40 goals a season from him. instead i got mifsud on a free (standard) and brought in cody macdonald in january and ben davies. also brought in steve gatting in coaching staff. ben davies scores about 10 40 yard free kicks a season and cody is on about 15 goals from 20 starts so far, im 3rd atm. im looking forward to getting into the championship so i can get in gus poyet as my assistant and taricco as 1st team coach!

if you want all the pics and club/comp logos use these 2 megapacks (despote the piratebay link, its a legal torrent)

FM10 Faces Megapack 2.0 (download torrent) - TPB
FM-Base // Football Manager 2010 (FM10) Forums // Downloads, Tactics Competition Logos for FM10

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
my first season finished 7th, had to get rid of murray in january due to all his personal problems, and forster got injured for 5 months so didnt get the standard 40 goals a season from him. instead i got mifsud on a free (standard) and brought in cody macdonald in january and ben davies. also brought in steve gatting in coaching staff. ben davies scores about 10 40 yard free kicks a season and cody is on about 15 goals from 20 starts so far, im 3rd atm. im looking forward to getting into the championship so i can get in gus poyet as my assistant and taricco as 1st team coach!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
DATE:

19/01/2011

PRE-SEASON:

Lincoln (A) - 1-1
Eastbourne Boro (A) 2-0
Hednesford (A) 3-0
Arsenal (H) 1-3
Sunderland (H) 0-1
Aston Villa (H) 0-4

LEAGUE:

cocacolachampionshipp.png

CUP COMPETITIONS:

League Cup First Round:
Aldershot (H) 3-0 - eleven changes to the side.

League Cup Second Round:
Plymouth (H) 3-2 AET - eleven changes to the side.

League Cup Third Round:
Huddersfield (H) 3-3 - lost 4-5 on penalties - nine changes to the side.

FA Cup Third Round:
Colchester (H) 1-0

FA Cup Fourth Round:
Portsmouth (A)

TRANSFERS

IN:

Mounir Soufiani - FC Libourne Saint Seurin (£45k)
Martijn Reuser - Unattached
Ronald Graafland - Unattached
Arron Davies - Unattached
Jose Baxter - Everton (Season long loan)
Zak Whitbread - Unattached
Johan Bellini - Yzeure (£14k)
Dominique Kivivu - Unattached
Mark-Jan Fledderus - Heracles (£240k)
Ole Söderberg - Newcastle (Free)
Francis Coquelin - Arsenal (Season long loan)
Pietro Clemente - Benevento (£8k)
Dave Bassett - Assistant Manager - Unattached
Malcolm Crosby - Coach - Unattached
Noel Blake - Youth Coach - Unattached
Peter Davidson - Fitness Coach - Unattached
Stephen Michel - Scout - Unattached

OUT:

Jamie Smith - Livingston (Bosman Free)
Gzegorz Szamotulski - Released
Nicky Forster - Released
Michel Kuipers - Released
Liam Dickinson - Port Vale (Season long loan)
Jake Wright - Bradford (£275k)
Elliott Bennett - Notts Co (Free)
James Tunnicliffe - Bradford (£75k)
Nicolae Mitea - Bradford (£140k)
Nick Carr - Released
Johan Bellini - Port Vale (Free, 50% of future sale)
Mamadou Seck - Port Vale (£160k)
Willy Topp - Port Vale (£160k)
Gary Dicker - Lincoln (Free)
Jim McNulty - Bournemouth (Free)
Lucien Mettomo - Released by mutual consent
Vic Bragg - Youth Coach - Middlesborough
Phillipe Christanval - Scout - Celta
Matt Miller - Fitness Coach - Swansea
Dean White - Assistant Manager - Released

TRIALS:

brightonandhovealbion6.png

STRONGEST TEAM:

brightonandhovealbion7.png

MORE SCREENSHOTS:

brightonandhovealbion8.png

brightonandhovealbion9.png

brightonandhovealbion10.png

11michaelmifsud.png

Steve McClaren is managing Port Vale :laugh::thumbsup:

Been linked with almost every managerial vacancy in England.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Anyone made any "flair" signings for the Albion yet?

Nearly signed Edgar Davids while he was on trial but he was shithouse for the reserves so I went for other options..

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Only one original Brighton player that's disappointing.

Four..

Crofts is leaving on a Bosman, Dickinson out on loan at Port Vale, Graeme Smith is my number one and Arron Davies signed permanently from Notts Forest after being released..

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I am 12th in the championship halfway through my second season which I though was pretty good, but seeing your game Jcdenton I feel somewhat inadequate :down:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Isnt it more fun playing with realistic transfers?

Depends what you mean..? I realise the game isn't real life. Or even a simulator. It's just a game. It's fun to not cheat and play by the rules of the game, but the reason why in my game I am top of the championship is because I sign good players and tweak tactics constantly. Surely that's the point of the game..? It's impossible to win the aims of game (winning titles/cups), no matter how good the tactics, if your players aren't good enough. The players you start with in the game, IMHO, aren't good enough to win the league. Which is probably why in real life we are battling relegation....?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am 12th in the championship halfway through my second season which I though was pretty good, but seeing your game Jcdenton I feel somewhat inadequate :down:

How long does it take you to play a season? I've played for days and am half way through the second season. It takes ages to play a game, I'm constantly tweaking training/scouting players/changing tactics during the course of a game.. sadly, it's the only way I can play it :shootself

To all those people who requested a copy of the tactic, I'll reply to your PM's with it in due course :smile:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
How long does it take you to play a season? I've played for days and am half way through the second season. It takes ages to play a game, I'm constantly tweaking training/scouting players/changing tactics during the course of a game.. sadly, it's the only way I can play it :shootself

To all those people who requested a copy of the tactic, I'll reply to your PM's with it in due course :smile:

I'll have a look when I get home at the hours played to get me up to Xmas 2010. I don't bother with press conferences and only change training if someone is not happy with it. I only tweak tactics between matches to go from an attacking mentality to counter attack depending on who I am playing. Have stuck with 4-4-2 with the wingers further forward than the centre midfielders for every game I've played so far which is pretty lazy but as I'm doing ok I haven't bothered changing it :blush:

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton

Could you name those people?

And when you started the game did you start at international footballer, or are you just incredible!?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Could you name those people?

And when you started the game did you start at international footballer, or are you just incredible!?

Erm. Why do you want to know which people wanted my tactic?! ??? I've no reason to lie.. I got back to two people today who wanted to try it out (I'll send it in the next hour or so guys), plus others from the last game.

And the "past experience" thingy at the start of the game only can effect a few factors, these being reputation (which means you can attract higher reputation players to your club), and when starting unemployed means can get higher-profile jobs. Also, it makes you more likely to get the sack as a high profile appointment if you fail.

For the record, I started on "Automatic" as stated here;

OPTIONS:

Generally default - player masking enabled. Using real players and real fixtures. Large database - 44,000 players.

Leagues selected;

England - Blue Square Premier and above
Top leagues only in; Denmark, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, USA

Starting as :albion2::albion2::albion2: in England July 2009 set as "Automatic" on past experience.

Official Football Manager 2010 Career Thread - Page 4 - North Stand Chat

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm trying to get rid of Dickinson on £4,400 a week :angry:

I know, nobody has wanted him at all from the beginning. Knowing he wasn't getting anywhere near the first xi I managed to (finally) get rid of him to Port Vale on loan until his contract runs out in May 2011. Cheaps gits are only paying about 30% of the loan though I think :down:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I have found Dickinson a useful sub who chips in with his fair share of goals, even at Championship level. Glenn Murray on the other hand......

Tommo2009

Nov 5, 2009
Would you say its an easier football manager then previous ones, cos to be honest, I've not had much success with management games since I felt like a god on Championship manager 2.

On footy manager 2009 I was midtable in league 1, and had just got to the final of the Johnstones trophy when I got sacked, and Steve Cotterill replaced me and got to claim the glory of winning the Johnstones trophy while I was still trying to get another job, gutting!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here