Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

John Sayers

Aug 17, 2009
Saltdean
Looks like the top of one of the west stand towers is no longer touching the arch.

Attachments

• spot the change.jpg
    spot the change.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 661

John Sayers

Aug 17, 2009
Saltdean
I was told by someone wearing a yellow vest today that the West stand ones will hopefully be down by the end of next week, and the two east stand ones down the week after.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I was told by someone wearing a yellow vest today that the West stand ones will hopefully be down by the end of next week, and the two east stand ones down the week after.

Was this person actually at the ground, or was it some random person in the street, who happened to be wearing a yellow vest ?

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
What's with the blue netting going up?

I can only think that it is there as a safety measure for when the sexy blue translusent roofing goes on. But if I remember correctly that won't happen until the temporary supports are removed and the whole structure has been left to settle down (or up) for a few days. Perhaps things are moving along quicker we thought.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I wonder what the thingys are on the top floor of the West Stand? They look like beds, perhaps the workers stay there during the week, but they'd get wet just lke Withdean. Or perhaps they are not beds? And how did they get there? Any more ideas, or someone might even know?:shrug:

40210_1340205346154_1261785491_30756790_3856986_n.jpg

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The second west support has been disconnected from the arch now.

We have a self supporting roof.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I wonder if the blue netting is actually for grape vines to grow across the roof creating both a natural canopy for shade and a secondary income stream from the sale of Albion wine in the club shop.

That would be a football first.

I for one would welcome it

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
A lot of activity on one of the West Stand temporary arch supports. A crane is standing by expectantly. Are we about to declare the west stand officially self-supporting?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
:wozza: It's been self supporting since last week!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here