Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
It isn't quite as easy as that, Mr B.

As the plans haven't been adhered to, then the whole lot has to come down, the land restored to its original condition, and planning applied for again.

Oh well. Waterhall it is then

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
It isn't quite as easy as that, Mr B.

As the plans haven't been adhered to, then the whole lot has to come down, the land restored to its original condition, and planning applied for again.

Is there an echo in here here here here ere ere re re re e e e..............?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Noo noo. Rear end. LOVE IT.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I drove past Falmer last night, the stadium looks like magnificent so far....almost like an elegant lady !!! Not wanting to wish my life away, however, I cannot wait to sing my lungs out there !! Bring on August 2011 !!

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
East stand slope now fully concreted it seems - next step to form in situ steps of the terrace. Not much visible evidence of progress on the upper steelwork although the blue crane has been hard at it. I wonder when they are going to fill that massive hole in the south east corner. How's it all going Natterjack?

It's hard to tell on progress from the web-cam angle. When it stops raining i'll see if I can get a few pics to post from the other end.

South stand thrust blocks going well. 1st one (viewed from the camera) has the reinforcement mostly completed, the excavation for the second started last Friday.

The sooner these are brought out of the ground (a few weeks yet), the sooner the steel can start going up to the South Stand.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

CheshireSeagull

Jul 24, 2009
Cheshire
East stand slope now fully concreted it seems - next step to form in situ steps of the terrace. Not much visible evidence of progress on the upper steelwork although the blue crane has been hard at it. I wonder when they are going to fill that massive hole in the south east corner. How's it all going Natterjack?

The hole is going to be for the supports to go in whilst they are constructing the roof then they will take it away and fill in the hole. i think.
:falmer::falmer:

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
The hole is going to be for the supports to go in whilst they are constructing the roof then they will take it away and fill in the hole. i think.
:falmer::falmer:

As Mrs EastbourneGull has said to me on more than one occasion..wrong hole! The holes for the temporary supports are the two you see on the East stand terrace. This hole (and three others methinks) will accomodate the permanent support for the roof structure

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
As Mrs EastbourneGull has said to me on more than one occasion..wrong hole! The holes for the temporary supports are the two you see on the East stand terrace. This hole (and three others methinks) will accomodate the permanent support for the roof structure

I should add that you need to see Mr Straw's full frontal pics of the east stand to see the two holes I was referring to.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I should add that you need to see Mr Straw's full frontal pics to see the two holes I was referring to.
:ohmy:
I think I'd much rather see pics of the stand, thank you very much.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The big hole with the scaffolding is for the permanent roof structure.

It's difficult to picture what is actually going to happen there, what with not being a builder, but as an uneducated guess I'd say the steel will sit on the wire brush lengthways with the longer brush bits creating the upwards angle. I can't even imagine how it's all going to connect togeather though, that bit of steel will be mahoosive. Some more concrete around the brush mabye :shrug:

The vertical steel will form a reinforced concrete wall. At the top of the wall (not seen yet) it will fishtail out, widening to accept the roof arch.

The foundation at the bottom of the 'brush' is there to distribute the massive loads that will be applied when the roof is completed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here