Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
12.30 - the terracing has overtaken the steelwork. Quick - get some more up.
Plus 5 workmen on the terrace slopes awaiting a spanking from a man with a very long stick.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
We should have a gallery for the funny pics, and I think we have our first entry:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I think there's some mileage in this - in the same 12.30 pic there's a bloke practising his long range peeing skills into a nearby skip.

Looking forward to lots more amusing interpretations as to what's happening on site. If so please quote time of picture.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What has surprised me about this most so far is that I had expected the steel to go up, and then the terracing to be added - everything done in sequence - looking at the pic at 1pm it does all look a bit haphazard but I can see why they do it like this - different trades in effect doing things simultaneously. But in my ignorance I just thought we'd see all the steel for the stand, then the slabs, then the concrete pouring. Civil engineering is most impressive!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What has surprised me about this most so far is that I had expected the steel to go up, and then the terracing to be added - everything done in sequence - looking at the pic at 1pm it does all look a bit haphazard but I can see why they do it like this - different trades in effect doing things simultaneously. But in my ignorance I just thought we'd see all the steel for the stand, then the slabs, then the concrete pouring. Civil engineering is most impressive!

I suppose it is also to do with the fact that the crane can get access lifting the concrete as it goes(as in the 1 oclock picture),it might struggle with the steel there.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Cant wait for Jack Straws photos Friday!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
New deliver at 13:45... but what is it?

Attachments

• newdel.JPG
    newdel.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 202

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Turnstiles!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
This thread has got to be some sort of record on NSC.

Here we are on page 18, and we've not gone off topic, no ones been called a **** , K**piers hasn't been mentioned and everyones just been playing nicely together.

Can we make it to page 100 without a fight!!:D

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
So...what is that specially segregated piece of concrete for which has been fenced in?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
More steel going up!

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
So...what is that specially segregated piece of concrete for which has been fenced in?

That was the end wall to the concrete terracing that they were trying to put up late yesterday. Probably it didn't fit and has been put into solitatry confinement as punishment. Evokes distant memories of Airfix kits.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That was the end wall to the concrete terracing that they were trying to put up late yesterday. Probably it didn't fit and has been put into solitatry confinement as punishment. Evokes distant memories of Airfix kits.

I'm not sure about that, I think that bit that looked like an end wall was actually one of the bits of back wall, it just looked like an end wall as the crane was holding it in that position when the photograph was taken. Well at least that was my interpretation of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here