Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
the steel pipe that goes all away around the roof joining the four roofs (so like a group of people holding hands and leaning back), can be seen in the second picture.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Go back a page

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
What is going to happen in that section above the east stand? doesnt seem like any brickwork has been done yet. Is that going to be office space, a concourse, or left open like that.....?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It will be left open as it will for the west stand, it to allow an air flow through the stadium to help keep the most important part, the pitch, in tip top condition.

We were told before the stadium was that it would incorporate a lot of the best design features of all previous stadiums already built, and one thing stood out was the condition of the playing surface relevant to the design of the stadium. the “bowl type” designs lacks air flow at pitch level with was detriment to the pitch quality.

With the bowl design, Air only get to the pitch through the hole in the top with is not ideal for keep the pitch in good condition.

With the open ends at the top of each stand, the flow of air across the stadia actually passes through the stadium. Which helps the grass.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
A few pics from this morning.
The speakers (if they are indeed that) in the east and south stands.
Is that some sort of guttering in the SW corner? (that's for you lasvegan)

Attachments

• 1.11.10 1.jpg
    1.11.10 1.jpg
    655.8 KB · Views: 466
  • 1.11.10 2.jpg
    1.11.10 2.jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 467
  • 1.11.10 3.jpg
    1.11.10 3.jpg
    873.4 KB · Views: 468
  • 1.11.10 4.jpg
    1.11.10 4.jpg
    821.1 KB · Views: 487

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
whats that BROOM doing up there? :lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We're employing the sweeper system.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Just above the broom, you can see a man with a giant face, trying to push through the GOSBTS.
You can clearly make out his nose and hair.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
They look like the floodlights to me.

And Ev, what is the wording, bottom right on the first pic? Sussex, In.... n - can't quite read it.

Sussex Innovation Centre.
Over at Sussex Uni

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Floodlights are not just to illuminating the pitch for the players.
There also for lighting communal areas so spectators can see there way out after a game.

Cant be floodlights pitch side, as they are facing the wrong way. But I'm sure there was talk of fans (away fans?) being bathed in their team colours? If that wasn't a wind up (and me being years behind everyone else) then maybe thats what they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here