Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Derby v BHA Thread

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
How did Wayney and Shaney do, anyone know? By the sounds of things, they had a good debut, alongside Kazim-Richards and Dodd.

Let's just hope they can keep it up.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i was listening on the derby equivelent of scr and they sounded scared to death of CKR.:clap: :clap: :clap:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
seagullion said:
i was listening on the derby equivelent of scr and they sounded scared to death of CKR.:clap: :clap: :clap:

It did sound he had the beating of Andrew Davies for pace, but it was Michael Johnson that pulled him down. Derby look like they cannot score and are slow at the back. And Albion have the better midfield. We have just got to concentrate in defence.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Let's wait til' some fans get back from the match, then they can tell us about how great our strike force is, and tell us how promising our new young players are.

:cool:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
seagullion said:

That's him sold in January then!

Well done to the lads! (I though the final whistle was never going to come):clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just got home to Gloucester.

Will just give a quick summary as I am half starved and want my tea.

We opened up playing some glorious passing football, it was like watching a maroon Brazil, took the lead deservedly but it seemed an age before the ref confirmed the goal and everyone went bezerk. Unfortunately Derby equalised a few minutes later, I was chatting to the lass sat next to me at the time and only saw the player on the follow up hoofing the ball into the roof of the net.

Derby put us under a lot of pressure in the last 5 minutes of the half and I was happy that it was 1-1 at the break. The second half followed the pattern of the first, except that we finished the brightest and looked the more likely to get all 3 points. Incidents of note in the second half, the ref didn't give a penalty against us when it looked like the ball had hit CKR's hand/arm direct from a free kick. Derby should have had a man sent off about 10 minutes from the end of the game when he was last man and brought down CKR, didn't even get booked but Leon hit the outside of the post with the free kick.

CKR caused their defence, in particular number 6, no end of problems and will make hay against less able defences. In summary that is one of the best displays I have seen from an Albion side in years, our passing was outstanding, even after they equalised we didn't loose shape or panic, we had been playing well up till then so why change things. All 11 players who started the game finished it and all put in good performances (keeper a little shaky at times but has a hell of a kick on him), Reidy was superb, the lad on loan from Manure struck up a good partnership in defence with Dodd and Butters, a real no nonsense performance all round.

Our fans, probably close to 1800 outsung the home fans for most of the game, the only time we heard them was when they scored and Leon started to take the p***. I think to sum up, Derby aren't as good as they would like everyone to believe and we aren't quite as bad as we might have feared.

It will be a long hard season ahead, but if we play with as much direction, ability and passion as today then we might surprise a few people.

Up the Albion

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gully said:

We opened up playing some glorious passing football, it was like watching a maroon Brazil, took the lead deservedly but it seemed an age before the ref confirmed the goal and everyone went bezerk. Unfortunately Derby equalised a few minutes later, I was chatting to the lass sat next to me at the time and only saw the player on the follow up hoofing the ball into the roof of the net.

"Maroon Brazil" - Like it!

Gully, save your the chatting up until half-time in future! :lol:

Thanks for the update!

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Just back from match as well

Henderson - much better kicks than FDM - seems to like to punch the ball away - not really tested for reaction saves - looks confident though

Dodd - great signing - tidied up round the back when anyone got behind Butters - links up very well with Reid - his experience will rub off on rest of squad and improve them

McShane - solid debut - plenty of skill and pretty quick - doesn't panic and fitted in well with Tank and Dodd - not afraid to slow the game down to calm things down

Mayo - got in some good positions - was more tested in second half - lack of pace still a bit of a worry

Reid - superb game - will learn a lot from Dodd - only blemish was giving the ball away very high up the pitch late on - could have cost us

Oatway - the kick and hoof player of two seasons ago is a distant memory - whatever MM has told him he's definitely listening

Carpenter - solid game - used the ball well

Hammond - just behind Reid in terms of performance - very confident in link up play which was great to see

Coke Kid CKR - looks a hell of a signing - his pace when fully harnessed by rest of team will cause other teams no end of problems - needs to be a bit more physical at times a la Virgo - sure MM will sort this

Knight - good game - miles better than some of his inert performances in the first half of last season

Main thing was how well we passed the ball - think about 1984 or 1985 was the last time i can remember us passing the ball so well whilst still having a good physical presence at this level

Players MM has bought in all look a higher skill level than what rest of team are used to - this can only improve the rest of the squad - the Man U kid a good example - think his debut was probably better than Cullip ever achieved performance wise at this level

Think we could well see a few departures re players not up to the new standards MM is setting - trolley surely has to be top of this list with McPhee not far behind - Hart and Mayo could well be in their last seasons with us as well

The competition that the above will give won't be bad either

The new Argie bloke, a pacy winger and another leftback will give the squad a very good balance and a few options

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
ac gull said:

Henderson - much better kicks than FDM - seems to like to punch the ball away - not really tested for reaction saves - looks confident though

Dodd - great signing - tidied up round the back when anyone got behind Butters - links up very well with Reid - his experience will rub off on rest of squad and improve them

McShane - solid debut - plenty of skill and pretty quick - doesn't panic and fitted in well with Tank and Dodd - not afraid to slow the game down to calm things down

Mayo - got in some good positions - was more tested in second half - lack of pace still a bit of a worry

Reid - superb game - will learn a lot from Dodd - only blemish was giving the ball away very high up the pitch late on - could have cost us

Oatway - the kick and hoof player of two seasons ago is a distant memory - whatever MM has told him he's definitely listening

Hammond - just behind Reid in terms of performance - very confident in link up play which was great to see

Coke Kid CKR - looks a hell of a signing - his pace when fully harnessed by rest of team will cause other teams no end of problems - needs to be a bit more physical at times a la Virgo - sure MM will sort this

Knight - good game - miles better than some of his inert performances in the first half of last season

Main thing was how well we passed the ball - think about 1984 or 1985 was the last time i can remember us passing the ball so well whilst still having a good physical presence at this level

Players MM has bought in all look a higher skill level than what rest of team are used to - this can only improve the rest of the squad - the Man U kid a good example - think his debut was probably better than Cullip ever achieved performance wise at this level

Think we could well see a few departures re players not up to the new standards MM is setting - trolley surely has to be top of this list with McPhee not far behind - Hart and Mayo could well be in their last seasons with us as well

The new Argie bloke, a pacy winger and another leftback will give the squad a very good balance and a few options

This post has me licking my lips in anticipation for the coming months.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
OK Buzza, point taken about my chatting up technique, was sadly blown out yesterday so I figured nothing better than getting back on the horse at the first opportunity (think she was with a bloke anyway).

I agree totally with what ac gull printed, at least he has given each player an assessment, I was really worried about our midfield this season, Oatway and Chippy seem to have found a new lease of life and were more than a match for their opponents today.

I am not given to exaggeration, but the passing today and anticipation were really at a level that I haven't seen for years, ac gull is right on that too, we really were magnificent today.

Just remembered my favourite chant of the day, taunting a rather quiet home crowd with "You should have gone to the library"...classic.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ac gull said:

I agree it could be the end of some players - mccammon and mcphee could be worried

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
There was a few open open mouths as we opened the first half and really took control. Great to see the new signings start so positively. A really fantastic start for Albion and a sh*t one for Palace. What a day out......

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think the bar has now been raised at the Albion, you may be right in saying that a couple of players might have reached the end of their usefulness, McCammon is probably some way off the first team and behind a fit Turienzo. We had a bit of a clear out towards the end of last season and of course sold a couple of players too, MM must by now have decided who will feature and who won't, I wouldn't be surprised if Molango comes back at the end of his loan to Lincoln and finds himself on the fringes of the first team, otherwise he would just have been offloaded completely.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
CKR is very exciting and reminds me a bit of bobby Z- raw but is going be great very quickly. whole team played well with 110% committment. few shaky moments defensively including henderson going walkies, missing the ball and Rasiak having a free header into an empty net. Luckily he headed over. Great Albion support as always, derby fans didn't get the witty repost to 'does your boyfriend know your he' i.e ' you're too ugly to be gay!' footnote, saw Mcgammon getting off coach, he signed one autograph but is a miserable/arrogant fucker- get rid MM.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The comedy moment for me was provided by Henderson who appeared to dive after a shot had passed him, bounced off the crossbar and gone behind for a goal kick.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
ac gull said:

Butters?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Marvelous scenes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here