Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Club Texts

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
whats up with them at the moment??

Do the club get commission if they send them out???

Having spent a couple of days out in Ireland the last 2 texts have been the club saying they have an official statement on

"Darren Currie may or may not sign"

"Gary Hart likes the Albion"

surely a waste of 50p on peoples phone bills!!!

Not sure if my reception was bad in Ireland, as I still havent received an official explanation as to why the team played in unofficial socks against Athlone

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I very much doubt they can charge you otherwise they might as well send out a load of non important texts.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Maybe the club are just trying to get more news out this season -- Seagulls World has been very good in the last few weeks?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They're a JOKE at the moment and I'll be unsubscribing unless they stop sending me shit. Today's was the best: "Gary Hart wants to stay at the albion. He says talks have been encouraging and is grateful for being given a chance." Which albion moron thinks I want to spend 25p to read that? I sign up for transfer news and any important stuff, not to hear the club's PR machine roll out its latest line.

Perhaps they need to sort out a certain membership status for the text message service.

Bronze members - irrelevant stuff (youth team injuries etc.)
Silver members - A little bit more info. Thoughts and musings of the coaching staff. Dean Whites TV pick of the month etc.
Gold members - transfer news. Kuipers' bowel movements. What Doug Loft is wearing etc.
Platinum members - No text message required as they find out the info before the club do. They are texting the club.

Last edited:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Complete Badger:

Appreciate your comments, but I should point out most of our subscribers opt for the one-off payment cost, so they're actually getting more for their money and many may not have access to the club site or NSC throughout the day to keep in touch with news. The direct-debit option is the most cost effective, and can be as low as £3 per month. Appreciate this might not suit every potential subscriber, so your comments have been noted.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Complete Badger:

Appreciate your comments, but I should point out most of our subscribers opt for the one-off payment cost, so they're actually getting more for their money and many may not have access to the club site or NSC throughout the day to keep in touch with news. The direct-debit option is the most cost effective, and can be as low as £3 per month. Appreciate this might not suit every potential subscriber, so your comments have been noted.

I dont think the point being made is the cost, its just the type of news being put out. I know its quiet in close season but normally the texts are saying something has officially happened.

The last 2 texts have been non-news stories. I think it was just a bit disappointing that the only OFFICIAL news from the club was "we have not signed a player" and "an ex player likes the club"

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Mendoza:

Unlike yourself not every fan goes to every game, or has the ability to look at the official site, the Argus or NSC throughout the day and keep in touch with everything going on at the club - it's also particularly helpful at this time of year when people are on holiday. If of course, you already know the info coming through, you can simply delete it.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
As I live out of Sussex and can't often get online during the day, I am grateful for the news snippets that are sent out and though I do understand that the OGH text wasn't actually news as such I was pretty happy to read it and it was worth 25p to me to brighten my afternoon at work up.

I'm not so happy to read that there's a direct debit option though and that I've been paying over the odds it seems as, like others, I've been paying 25p for every text for as long as I can remember. Would have thought the club could have mentioned somewhere on the website when this option started or even sent a text to those on 'pay per text'. Off to the website now to investigate...

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Al Bion, it's £4.99 a month or £11.99 for 3 months. Like me, you pay 25p per text, but I'm just trying to work out how many we receive in an average month. What do you reckon?

Well I immediately thought that the £11.99 for three months was loads cheaper, it does somehow sound it but then, now I've done some thinking, I'm not so sure it is the big bargain it first appears - £4.00 a month = 16 texts so during the season maybe the average is slightly higher than that depending how many games we play but then May, June, July we probably don't receive that many texts at all so it may pretty much equal itself out overall.

On reflection, I'm not sure I can be bothered to change.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Complete Badger:

Paul, I told you to substitute Hart with Mayo when you sent the alert to Tadger. You know he would have got value from that.

Sorry Tadger. Can't get the staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here