Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Carlisle Post match descussion

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
They managed to get four defenders around the ball , crowding out the attacking player, more often than I could count. Lee Hendrie needs to start. 4-5-1 only works with Murray. IMHO.

Agreed!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
4-5-1 will not get us a top 2 spot next season , we need 2 free scoring strikers supported by 2 pacy wingers.

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
We missed Murray and is work rate (I know!) and presence. Barnes wasn't mobile and didn't work hard enough.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Gus wasn't impressed. I guess his opinion matters.

Poyet said: "If you've got Ian Harte on the pitch and if you play with a brain you don't give fouls around the box.

"We gave one away after three minutes and then one was a goal.

"Maybe if you don't know players in League One you can accept it but I think Ian Harte is very well known for his qualities.

Heard GP's interview on the way home & understandably he wasn't a happy bunny. After today's performance, I can see the list of players on their way out growing tbh. Lack of quality in the final third of the pitch cost us the game today - irrespective of Elphick's stupidity & Brezovan's howler. 24 shots on goal to their 4: & they score 2 goals. Oh, & Carlisle were the classic personification of the term 'Dirty Northern Bastards'.

Nice weather, mind..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Heard GP's interview on the way home & understandably he wasn't a happy bunny. After today's performance, I can see the list of players on their way out growing tbh. Lack of quality in the final third of the pitch cost us the game today - irrespective of Elphick's stupidity & Brezovan's howler. 24 shots on goal to their 4: & they score 2 goals. Oh, & Carlisle were the classic personification of the term 'Dirty Northern Bastards'.

Nice weather, mind..

Still not good enough, on today's showing, to operate as a loan striker.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Still not good enough, on today's showing, to operate as a loan striker.

I take it you're referring to Ashley Barnes there Icy? I quite agree with your assessment btw. With the greatest respect to the guy, we need a striker or 2 with far more about them than young Mr B. Innit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No surprise that it was Elphick whiffing at football, as always.
Still congratulating himself at scoring while handing the 3 points to Carlisle I expect.
Shit player, get rid.

:wozza::bla::US::censored::tantrum::shootself

So the lad scores and you still slaughter him - has he done something to really upset you - in REAL life? Or r u just keyboard bashing - it's def personal?!

mh369

Mar 4, 2009
London
If we want to go up, we need a proper goalscorer. i.e someone like beckford,lambert,austin,,rhodes who will put the ball in the net anytime

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I would still rather have Fozzy up front, ahead of Barnes and Holroyd. I agree with others and would like to see us playing 4-4-2, certainly in home matches.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No surprise that it was Elphick whiffing at football, as always.
Still congratulating himself at scoring while handing the 3 points to Carlisle I expect.
Shit player, get rid.

You didn't actually see it then? ???

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
It's just frustrating how we have now had two chances to basically make us safe, and in them both we have dominated, especially today, but we simply haven't scored. Barnes for me today was just not strong enough and on the ball didn't look like he would create any kind of chance. Yes he tries hard but if we want to see these kind of games off we need someone who can score and no wander why we haven't scored in the last two games - Murrays had a two game suspension.

We need to get atleast three points from the next two games but as easy as it seems, both teams will be fighting for survival and will be playing for three points.

Lush

Mods' Pet
The other thing I've noticed is how often our players are static and waiting for the ball to arrive at their feet - and how often it doesn't, because an opposition player nips in and intercepts it.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Pretty much what everyone has already said, but I'd like to add that Hoyte clearly isn't a League One footballer, let alone Arsenal quality. Just send him back already, please?

Lush

Mods' Pet
And another thing ...

Why did Poyet announce that he's ALREADY made his mind up about which players to keep and which to move on? What's the incentive to play well now? You're either safe or going, whether you play well or not.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Pretty much what everyone has already said, but I'd like to add that Hoyte clearly isn't a League One footballer, let alone Arsenal quality. Just send him back already, please?

He was just poor today, see when he waited for the ball to come across him and it went out?!

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Funnily enough, I heard him being i/viewed on Radio Sussex this arvo. When asked whether he thought he'd be back here next season, he said something like "It's up to Poyet". Talk about how not to endear yourself to a manager. :glare:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
He was just poor today, see when he waited for the ball to come across him and it went out?!

That was mad. Thought he was more solid defensvely than he has been in the past, but really showed how much we miss Painter on the ball.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Bennett and Lua Lua were absolute quality today, I just feel for the pair of them because the lack of movement around them and in the box was dire. Some references to lack of final ball but the movement off the ball in the last third was very poor.

Elphick after a good run of games went back to what we are used to and proved he is not good enough and does not have a football brain that can be trained. Can we please have a Danny Cullip type leader at centre half for next season!

Brezovan howler an absolute shame after an excellent run of form.

I would like to see at least one game between now and end of the season going 4-4-2 to show we are not a one system team, to do that willl just mean adding more responsibility to two centre midfeilders rather than three and mixing the play between the front two and the wide men.

I was not too disheartended by today, we should never have lost but put this down to a transitional season to forget! Hopeful for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here