Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Bristol City v Brighton Thread

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Franks Wild Years said:
Kuipers was fantastic in the first half, pulled off 4 top saves and comanded the box well and thats according to me who was there.

Well I obviously wasnt there but my mate said that City owe the Brighton keeper a few drinks as he won the game for them. Seems like he Kuipers may have had a few drinks before kick off and wont need to take up their generous offer. :nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg said:
League Cup - Out
FA Cup - Out
Paint Pot - Out
League - relegation battle

Time for Wilkins to step aside before he completes the four timer and takes this club to div 4
CLEAR THE AREA!
CLEAR THE AREA!

He's gonna blow - and this time it's gonna be a big 'un.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

chez said:
Well I obviously wasnt there but my mate said that City owe the Brighton keeper a few drinks as he won the game for them. Seems like he Kuipers may have had a few drinks before kick off and wont need to take up their generous offer. :nono:

From looking at your other threads on NSC it seems that you are pro Henderson. So I will read the newspaper reports before I believe someone who is pro Henderson and wasn't even there.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Kuipers was awesome in the first half. Should have been 3 or 4 down.
If anyone was at fault for the first goal I would say it was Butters defending at the free kick. He looked shaky in the first half.
Lynch had Andres in his pocket all game.

City look what they are, a very good team. Always a threat in attack which was a complete opposite to us.

We played decent enough football across the park but with no cutting edge at all in the final third (How often have we said that this season?). Their goalie had very little to do all game.

A much better performance than the one defeat earlier this season though the result reflects the marked improvement in a promotion bound Bristol City

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Southover Street Seagull said:
From looking at your other threads on NSC it seems that you are pro Henderson. So I will read the newspaper reports before I believe someone who is pro Henderson and wasn't even there.

Oh I am definately pro Henderson and like I said I wasnt there, I'm only going on the oppositions view of the game - he also said that in the first half Brighton looked pretty good but in the second were a totally different team.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lloyd commended FDR and said he had no chance with the 2nd half goal.

D

Deleted member 2719

Uncle Spielberg said:
Virgo - had to sell
Currie - had to sell
Harding - had to sell
Knight - had to sell

yes the bloke was spoilt with choices and money wasn;t he

For the very last time McGhee has gone get over it and get behind Wilkins and the team and stop booing.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:
For the very last time McGhee has gone get over it and get behind Wilkins and the team and stop booing.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Why? I think Wilkins is doing a bad job. I dont want him to be manager. History says that if you boo the manager enough then DK will sack him, carry on the booing and get a decent manager back in.

P.S. Not sure if I could ever boo a Brighton player or manager myself but you must be able to see the potential result.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
chez said:
Oh I am definately pro Henderson and like I said I wasnt there, I'm only going on the oppositions view of the game - he also said that in the first half Brighton looked pretty good but in the second were a totally different team.

You and your blind, obsessive Hendo loving, Chez :nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
chez said:
Why? I think Wilkins is doing a bad job. I dont want him to be manager. History says that if you boo the manager enough then DK will sack him, carry on the booing and get a decent manager back in.
History doesn't say that at all. It happened once. Or would you love it to happen again. You want Wilkins gone in spite of the majority backing him?

Diddums. Tough shit - he IS the manager.

And he's making a pretty decent fist of it.

Deal with it.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
"The ease of this victory is not reflected by the scoreline. Had it not been for goalkeeper Michel Kuipers, Brighton could have been out of the competition by half-time.

The Dutchman's heroics couldn't extend to keeping out Showunmi's close range effort four minutes before half-time and after that they rarely looked in danger.

The Dutch keeper was like a brickwall between City and the visiting goal. Another fingertip stop from the former Bristol Rovers custodian diverted Murray's curling effort over the bar.

Then on 41 minutes McAllister's raking free kick from halfway floated past several bodies to land kindly for Showunmi to stab in at the back post. It was the striker's fifth goal in as many games."

The non made up view of the Albion goalkeeping. :lol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Tony is fair with his summary of the game, Kuipers made 4 or 5 saves in the first half that were from the top drawer, City could have been out of sight by the half time whistle. Let's be honest, city do look like a top half of the table team, however I think that Boro will probably dick them out of sight on Saturday...and if they do go up then they will struggle next year in the Championship. We just didn't have enough to put them under pressure and were restricted to a few long range efforts, ironically they scored their second when we were having our best spell in the game, sadly when that went in it was game over.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
What I missed out was the referee bottling a decision right at the end of the first half, one of their players scythed OGH down chasing a ball towards the corner flag...then in the mini-melee that ensued pushed him in the chest with both hands...a half decent ref would have given him a yellow for each offence, with an early bath...this one didn't.

D

Deleted member 2719

chez said:

P.S. Not sure if I could ever boo a Brighton player or manager myself but you must be able to see the potential result.

It is very obvious there are still half a dozen fans or so that were going to be against whoever was appointed after the McGhee years.

I Can't see that he is doing a bad job it doesn't take much to see that Bristol City who are unbeaten in 14 games playing at home to a team of Players who have hardly any league games under there belt and our still learning there trade.
There was only going to be one result if we had won it would have been totally against the odds it was never going happen.

For the record i have never booed a Albion Player or Manager at a game however MM IMO pushed even me to my limits but that's the past.

Why can you guys not get behind a manager that loves this club and has a very inexperienced side which he is trying to do his best with?

???

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Yes, the ref was shite.

Tackle looked worthy of a red then the very same player (Andrews) pushed Hart. All this happened right under the assistant referee's nose with the referee having a clear view too.

As soon as he got the two players together it was obvious Hart was going to get booked. Quite what for, I know not.

:shootself

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am not blaming it on the ref, City were better than us and deserved to win, however he had a difficult decision to make and bottled it. There was also something going off at the other end of the ground in the second half which resulted in the ref consulting the fourth official (twice) but doing nothing about it, their fans were pretty animated about whatever it was.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Gully said:
Tony is fair with his summary of the game, Kuipers made 4 or 5 saves in the first half that were from the top drawer, City could have been out of sight by the half time whistle. Let's be honest, city do look like a top half of the table team, however I think that Boro will probably dick them out of sight on Saturday...and if they do go up then they will struggle next year in the Championship. We just didn't have enough to put them under pressure and were restricted to a few long range efforts, ironically they scored their second when we were having our best spell in the game, sadly when that went in it was game over.

Think your missing something.They were missing two key forawrds today.Brooker and Jevons

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here