Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official B'Muff thread, post it all here

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wouldn't panic yet just a bad day at the office.

I thought the most we would get is a point but we had very little to offer today up front.

Never mind - roll on Tuesday

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
We were poor, won nothing in the midfield, did not push players forward hence even when McPhee and Knight made something of the scraps they were fed on had no options.

A bit worrying how we couldn't change anything suporting the fact that we need a new manager asap and leave Bob to carry on the coaching

If Knight is going to carry on diving around he is going to do himself no favours, even when he was fouled his earlier diving antics were noted by the ref who refused onwards to give us anything.

A bad day at the office, bring on Brentford to put it right.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
We didn't get going at all, in fact we looked pretty unfit. We continue to pump long balls in the direction of Leon - not clever.

I thought the treatment Leon got from the ref and the crowd was a bit harsh. I thought he was definately fouled on the edge of the box and the one where he got injured was a joke decision.

Thought our fans were quiet - i was in the main stand in the padded seats and after the first 10 mins there was not much noise at all.

And I got told to change my shirt off before going into the lounge - bastards.

Bring on Brentford to get us back on track

I thought Mayo played quite well, but no-one else. To be honest, Leon dived a couple of times, but the referee coldn't distinguish between a dive and a punch in the stomach - he needs to STOP diving as he is getting a repetation for it in this division.

Jones was terrible again. Long balls were stupid as we couldn't win them. Passing was to the wrong team. Need I go on....?

To be fair, I thought Bournemouth played quite well and were good on the counter attacks. Their number 11 was very fast.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
they are a good side at home and we didn't really attack them enough! least results went our way today! roll on tuesday!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
My wife, watching only her second ever game, turned to me midway through the second half and say quite simply, "You're shit" to which I am assuming she was refering to our dire performance. Yes, it really was that bad. I mean losing 5-0 to Palarse is one thing, they were a better team than us at the end of the day. If AFCB had beaten us 3 or 4 nil then we couldn't have complained.

It was a dreadful performance for which there are no excuses.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dwayne said:
pretty sure BHAexpress was sitting next to my dad at the match. Bit of a pseudo posh accent and kept telling the bmuff fans how great they were and how shit we were!!!

Peudo Posh accent ? Does your dad have a hearing roblem or something ? That's my normal (in England anyway) accent. Yes, I was talking to several B'mouth fans who were comparitively charitable about what was a terrible performance. Oh yes, AFCB did look great compared to us, even you have to admit that.

Oh yes, I did talk to Harty after the game, fact is that if my American wife who barely knows anything about football reckons we were shite then I think that speaks volumes about how bad we were.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
just not good enough today - similar to Colchester. Hopefully just one of those days when things don't go right - need a result on Tuesday.

Every cloud...and all that - Dick (and BB) must now realise that BB is a no 2, and a no 2 only. What were the tactics today? did anything change at half time? none and no!! Shoot on sight (30 yards plus) or lump it in the air to Knight.

Jones is getting worse but is under no pressure for his place. Hinch can tackle, head and mark but surely his passing can improve. Chippy's too slow, too many late tackles and Rehman wasn't in the game today. Even Cullip and Butters looked unsure.

I don't think we've played well for a few weeks (Rushden being the exception) - luckily we've played some poor teams and got results.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
It was a bad performance we looked tired and we never got going at all!! It was shite very hard to take postives from the game. Luckily results went our way and we are still top of the league!!

feenos_on_fire

Oct 18, 2003
Bournemouth
joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:
Sounds like a nasty injury to Feeney, nice one Kerry "The Hitman" Mayo

Sorry to disappoint you but Feeney was released from hospital early this evening. His first words were what was the score? And who scored the goal? :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We were poor yesterday. We didn't seem to have any ideas at all.

Jonsey would do his little "hop and skip" and then lose the ball!

Still, the rest of the day was good. Met the usual NSC boozers, My headache should go soon!:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here