Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official back (or on the way back) from Derby thread

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Just back to my hotel via a couple of pubs. Good result against a dissapointing Derby side. The Derby fans I spoke with after the game thought we deserved the win with a "professional away performance". Can't disagree

Still on the M25. This is a fair assessment. If I was a Derby fan I'd be pretty disappointed by that performance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Casper, GG and Bridcutt the stars of the show for me. Terrific strike from CMS. Hammered it home.

Harley's best game I thought. Still needs to be stronger in the tackle. He'll get hurt if he carries on hanging a leg out, with no conviction.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Just got back in. Casper, Dunky and GG were magnificent tonight. Good following as well for a Tuesday night.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Been home for a few minutes & trying to wind down. What a great night. I thought it was actually a really entertaining game. First half was a bit hairy at times, gave it away too much in key areas (like, around our own box :facepalm:) but Ankergren had a great game. Brilliant finish from CMS & at least we had A few shots too.

Second half I felt we were better, held on to the ball more...it started to look a bit more like the Albion of most of last season. Derby were mainly restricted to long range potshots & I never really felt they were hurting us or would score. One brilliant save from Ankergren near the end. Greer had a great game...it's hard to believe he can't even get in the Sweaties squad, never mind the team.

Derby looked like a team short on confidence and lacking any decent strikers. Every time they had the ball in a decent position they seemed to concede it easily back to us. Their fans almost seemed resigned to it: I was expecting them to give it to the ref with both barrels at half time after a couple of bizarre decisions & a few disputed free kicks, but there was no sign, almost as though they'd given up for the night.

Summed them up when they resort to bringing on a 15 year old to try and get something out of the game. Honestly? I thought they looked one of the weaker sides we've played. At least Coventry had a go, it looked like Derby decided their fate was sealed at half time, & just faffed around for the remaining 45 minutes. Doesn't say much for your manager's motivational skills if you can press your opponents for one half, come in for a sit down, then go out & do sod all for the second...thanks Nigel :D

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Casper, GG and Bridcutt the stars of the show for me. Terrific strike from CMS. Hammered it home.

Harley's best game I thought. Still needs to be stronger in the tackle. He'll get hurt if he carries on hanging a leg out, with no conviction.

Cant agree withyour Bridcutt assesment, he was quite poor in the 1st half, but did make up for it in the 2nd half.
Dunk was my M O M
Derby do have 7 first teamers out injured, hence the 15 year old

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here