Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Albion v Derby Thread

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
shite,shite,shite bum things and all

I was at the league cup game back in the 70's vs Derby when we were in the old Div 3 & they were giants. Francis Lee, Charlie George etc. You had to go to the reserves game against Charlton to buy a ticket if you weren't a STH. There was over 17,000 at that reserve game & over 32,000 I think for the Derby game. Wardy scored in front of the North Stand, it went absolutley mental. I think I'm right in saying that it ended 1-1 & we lost the replay, just.

The gate that night was 33,500 - the fourth largest ever at the Goldstone, producing record receipts of just £25,500. I couldn't get a ticket for the North Stand so was on the packed East Terrace, although I was still in Goldstone Lane when the first goal went in. That run started at Southend in the first round on a Saturday night - the only occasion we have played at that time in my memory. I took in Millwall v Colchester in the afternoon, but it was at Southend that a stabbing occured, and I remember the plains clothes detectives scanning the crowd as we filed out of the North Stand in the second leg. Anybody have any more details of this incident? I believe an Albion fan also got stabbed in revenge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here